Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If given complete freedom to start afresh, what profession would you choose and why?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 20 Replies

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I always wanted to go into library science and be a librarian. I have an intense love of words. 

quickbooksworm
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Teach English Lit. I'm going back to school so I may consider it, but it doesn't seem like the kind of money I want to earn.
1kidmomajm
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Bubbie0809:

I always wanted to go into library science and be a librarian. I have an intense love of words. 

My neighbors, husband and wife had library science degrees. One is still in the field.

I wasted time in college not knowing what to do.  And some how was talked out of a sociology degree by mom and professor of sociology. A couple years after I was out I became interested in radiolgy. My mom was done helping me, so I was afraid to do it and have debt. I should have done it cuz now radioligy school is 3x more money! I dont have an interest in going back to school. 

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM

If I could have a stronger stomach, I would do nursing, which isn't far from my degree in public health. Mostly because there are a wide variety of schedule options, but I know that field is super competitive right now. When I was in school, however, there was a need for nurses.

I have considered going back to become a registered dietician. I think that would be a nice clinical compliment to my public health degree and the work I am doing. I couldn't imagine going back right now though. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Honestly, I would choose the same path, everything else pays less, doesn't sound enjoyable, and/or requires many more student loans!
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I would absolutely choose the same profession.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Same as I have now.
mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Probably the same. Maybe teach.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

codfish
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I wanted to be a nurse, but I am terrible at science.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I'd be a clown. Who wouldn't want to make kids laugh all day? Sadly, I don't have the skills to do the little magic tricks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)