Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Food shaming? Has anyone had this experience?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was food shamed at a birthday party yesterday. The mom I was sitting with is "dairy free, gluten free, no sugar, or processed foods" for her kids. While I don't judge or don't care what she feeds her kids. She proceeded to try to make me feel bad because there was nothing at the party I told my kids they couldn't eat -  sprite, chips, hot dogs, cake, ice cream, fruit and dip ect.

I was told that I am not teaching my kids good eating habits, when I got the opportunity to sit some where else I did. 

I don't judge because of the way she feeds her kids, but she was Very judgmental on the way I feed mine. 

I don't understand trying to make someone else feel bad because you disagree with whatever choices that they make. I think we are all trying to do the best we can. 

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Replies (31-34):
Elle.tea.22
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Eh I would have laughed.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah.  If we want milk we are limited- soymilk is roughly $3/ half gal, almond milk is at least $3-3.50, coconut is nearly $4/ half gal.  I don't drink milk of any type more than a few times a month so that the girls can have the milk they want- my younger child has to drink almond milk because she is sensitive to dairy and soy. I think when they get into elementary school we will limit milk to cereal, and focus on getting all their nutrients more from their food.

Quoting calsmom62:

yeah but its high everywhere. its one of the charge whatever we want products lol. .

Quoting preacherskid:

Only soymilk, and only with doctor's approval.  Soymilk is easily twice the cost of cow's milk, and I live in a low cost of living/low grocery cost area.

Quoting calsmom62:

thats great it pays for allergy related milk too

CafeMom Tickers
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM
i only have one who power drinks milk a gallon or two a week by himself. other than using it for cooking with it and the occasional bowl of cereal for me when he and if he outgrows this phase I can probably buy milk in a quart container. b

Quoting preacherskid:

Yeah.  If we want milk we are limited- soymilk is roughly $3/ half gal, almond milk is at least $3-3.50, coconut is nearly $4/ half gal.  I don't drink milk of any type more than a few times a month so that the girls can have the milk they want- my younger child has to drink almond milk because she is sensitive to dairy and soy. I think when they get into elementary school we will limit milk to cereal, and focus on getting all their nutrients more from their food.

Quoting calsmom62:

yeah but its high everywhere. its one of the charge whatever we want products lol. .

Quoting preacherskid:

Only soymilk, and only with doctor's approval.  Soymilk is easily twice the cost of cow's milk, and I live in a low cost of living/low grocery cost area.

Quoting calsmom62:

thats great it pays for allergy related milk too

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I've never had this happen and try not to say anything to others. What people decide to feed their kids is truly none of my business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN