Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

For those of you with clean houses . .

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 23 Replies
HOW ????
My house is always a mess ! I have no routine but like tonight, I got home at 7 . After getting the baby asleep and 5 yr olds homework done , im beat !!!!

Also , how do keep dinner healthy ? We are eating crappy stuff !!!!

Advice please !!!!
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM

The food I can help with.  Do you menu plan at all?  I have a list of meals that I use on a regular basis, they are pretty fast, healthy, and cheap.  Any food allergies?  What do you normally spend time wise and money wise per month?  How much time do you have on the average weeknight for cooking?

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I clean on my days off. I was raised to clean on Sundays. Throw on some tunes and make everyone clean. Dh and I come up meals when we shop so that we can buy the right thing and there has to be veggies in each dish
BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM
No menu planning but that would be a great start . No allergies and to tell the truth , I haven't been cooking anything lately, we have been eating junk :(
I could spend say 30 min on dinner cooking....... I guess I need to start making a plan !
BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I meant to quote u above :)

Quoting preacherskid:

The food I can help with.  Do you menu plan at all?  I have a list of meals that I use on a regular basis, they are pretty fast, healthy, and cheap.  Any food allergies?  What do you normally spend time wise and money wise per month?  How much time do you have on the average weeknight for cooking?

Mommyzlovez
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

As for dinner I make sure I have at least two veggies or a veggi eand a fruit (like apple slices and green beans as sides)and some sort of protein, even with sloppy joes. As for the house as I walk through I pick up and get my kids to help one is ten and one is two (im 7 mths pregnant) and after they are all in bed I pick it all back up at least its clean while we sleep lol, also im a sahm so that helps too but when I worked I would get up early and get dressed so after I got everyone out the door, I did a quickie..like as we are going out the door, I thought of it as a "work out" so no need for a gym! lol

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I have to purge my home fo things we dont need and use often.  When things come in..things have to go out.  I go  through cycles of super clean and organized to not so organized and back again.  The best thing to do is start with clutter spaces and clean it out.

Yeah and I get tired to.  Just may have to keep fruit in the house...if you have a crappy meal or two..at least throw in a fruit and veggie as a side.  

Gotta take one thing at a time. One room at a time...trying to do it all at once will tire you out even more!

Mommyzlovez
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

o@ also try googling "30 min meals" some sites foodnetwork.com I think you can do by time as well

Quoting BabyBearsMom608:

No menu planning but that would be a great start . No allergies and to tell the truth , I haven't been cooking anything lately, we have been eating junk :(
I could spend say 30 min on dinner cooking....... I guess I need to start making a plan !

jenaree
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

On the cleaning - Our 3yo daughter is only allowed to get out one toy at a time (we slack on this one a little bit but it's the general "rule") and she has to pick up her toys before bed each night. She also makes her bed in the morning. All dishes are done before bed at night and I like to keep clutter clear off of counters. I am also not a pack-rat, I will throw away some of my daughter's "art" from school and I only keep the ones that tickle me in some way. We sweep/vacuum all floors once a week, right now my husband does the vacuuming since I am big pregnant and it would be hard for me but I sweep and mop the hard wood. I clean the stove after cooking each night because I don't like to see it dirty, etc. It's all about cleaning up before it gets overwhelming.
On the food - I menu plan each weekend and then do all of my grocery shopping for the week. I also do a lot of prep for dinner the night before after my daughter goes to bed. I will chop all the veggies, etc.

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I cooking, so I'm no help, but my house is clean and it took me years to figure it out. Set down and figure out the stuff that gets you behind. For me, it's laundry. So I havea set routine that means I do laundry every night. That way it never piles up.

For example, at 6:00 my girls bathe. I change out of my work clothes into comfortable clothing and start the wash.

I get the girls to bed and put clothes in the dryer, clean kitchen, put clothes in dryer and pack lunches (clothing I lay out for the week in Sunday).

After all that is done, I fold clothes and take a shower, then all towels and my comfoable clothing go in wash.

Grade paper and lesson plan until towels are done and then fold and put them away! That way its always done.

Then on weekends I do everything else.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Quoting BabyBearsMom608:

Okay :)  I will have to wait until tomorrow, I have homework to do tonight, but I can break down my menu and shopping process for, might give you some ideas :)  Do you need just dinner, or breakfast and lunch as well?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN