Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I guess it had to happen sometime

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
My 14 year old son just shaved his mustache for the first time.

He's had the 'stache' for almost a year but was always horribly embarrassed if anyone mentioned it. But I mentioned it in passing again yesterday & he said he wanted it gone.

So, DH went shopping & got him his own supplies & helped him out today.

Sheesh. Starting high school, shaving, taller than almost everyone in the family (my dad still has 1/2 inch on him)...Where did my little boy go?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christyg
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

My 13yo just did the same thing this week. He was ignoring the mini-mustache,. but the growing sideburns needed to be gone before school started :)

Mine started high school too. They are not little boys anymore, but mine has 2 older brothers so he will always get the "little boy" title from me. lol

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Dd is starting 9th grade this year - it's gone by so fast! 

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
lol. our 14 yr old has to shave daily but leaves his moustache in place. his brother got him a shirt that has cartoons of all diff kinds of moustaches.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:21 AM
ill have to send you a pic of our ds and his stache. i dont remember my brothers shaving this early
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

They do grow up way too fast

dmorris14
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM

My boys are 17 and 15 and neither one of them has had to shave yet?  My 17 year old did have to trim one hair on his chin... that is it?  His time is coming soon... his "mustache" is getting thicker and darker.  I guess I have late bloomers? They are still growing like weeds... both over 6' but no facial hair? 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I want to cry for you. I cannot imagine my babies getting that big. I get teary eyed seeing my humongous 5 yo is the TALLEST boy in KG. How could such a cute little fat roll baby boy, grow up to and need to shave so soon? right??

mickstinator
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

aww, your little man is growing up! that's pretty young to have the stache going already. he's got some testosterone running through him! ; )

mickstinator
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quoting dmorris14:

My boys are 17 and 15 and neither one of them has had to shave yet?  My 17 year old did have to trim one hair on his chin... that is it?  His time is coming soon... his "mustache" is getting thicker and darker.  I guess I have late bloomers? They are still growing like weeds... both over 6' but no facial hair? 

My poor husband didn't start having to shave regularly until about 21 or 22! haha.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Yup.  I get excited for each of their new milestones, but this one was a slightly more difficult pill to swallow.

How could this little chubster...

have already become my tall, deep voiced, shaving kiddo??

Quoting Marti123:

I want to cry for you. I cannot imagine my babies getting that big. I get teary eyed seeing my humongous 5 yo is the TALLEST boy in KG. How could such a cute little fat roll baby boy, grow up to and need to shave so soon? right??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN