Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who watches your kids while you work?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 37 Replies

Who watches your kids while you work?

I work from home now but when I did work outside the house, we worked around each others schedules or a friend watched the boys for me.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizEmommie
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I am working towards working from my home as well. Currently I have a neighbor who watches my oldest before and/or after school as needed. My youngest is in pre-k and my sister or a sitter watches him after school. Childcare arrangements are the toughest part!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM

She goes to a daycare center.

Mommabearbergh
trying to have a smooth morning
Today at 9:54 AM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Dh looks after the girls
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM

My mil watches DS while I'm at work. Technically DH could do it since he works 3rd shift but I don't want to deal with him constantly whining about how tired he is.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM

YDS (7) goes to daycare (they take him to and pick him up from school).  ODS (11) takes the school bus to and from school and gets himself in the house after school. 

mickstinator
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Lots of people! lol.

It's a complicated combination of daycare, my husband, and my little sister, depending on the day/time. My husband is with them most of the time, though. He works weekends.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I work from home and have for the past 5 1/2 years.  Plus all of my kids are in school and DH has Mondays off.  So, on school breaks Tues-Fri my oldest son babysits (we pay - he's 14 and started when he was 12).  Before that my parents would come up and watch if needed (they live 15 minutes away).

When I was still a teacher, I would take them to daycare (oldest was in a daycare center, middle & youngest were in an in-home daycare).

My my oldest was a baby, he was only in daycare for a couple of hours as DH & I worked opposite hours.  So he was only in during the overlap.

sissyboogs
by Katie on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My husband works from home and does school online, so he's always home when I'm working. When he did work outside the home, we just worked opposite schedules. 

aimesnyc
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM

He was originally at a home daycare, but we took him out a couple of weeks ago (we've had issues with them for a while).  He's now at a daycare center two blocks from my hubby's work until Oct 1st, when he will start a more permanent daycare center that is more pre-school oriented.

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Both boys are at school (3rd grade and Pre-K) while we're at work. But I'm the aftercare since I'm usually done teaching by the time they are done with their school day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)