Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What will/does you day look like.....

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

......now that school is/has started?

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraewhite
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I have one going into second andone going into 4 k. I will get up with them in themorning at 7:15 and get them ready for school and have breakfast, have them there at 8, come home, take the dog for a walk, come home and exercise, clean house, run errands, relax (hopefully). Then go get them at 3:15.

On Mondays, Thursday and Fridays, I will come home and get ready for work at 4, go to work until 10:30-11:30rewind for half an hour and go to bed.

On Tuesdays and Wednesdays after I get them we will come home look through school stuff, make dinner, play and they will go to bed at 8.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM

No different.  DD is still 2 (for a couple more weeks)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM

We get up around 6:00-6:30.  They get shower, get dressed and get themselves breakfast.  I pack lunches and snacks.  We're out the door at 7:25.  Drop them off (they're at 3 different buildings).

Come home and throw a load of laundry in the washer/fold what's in the dryer if needed.  Exercise & take a shower.  Then I'll head downstairs to work (I telecommute).

Sit on my butt all day working.  Take the doggie for a walk at lunch time.  DH picks the kids up from school. 

Then it's helping with homework as needed, dinner, and relaxing.  Some nights we have church activities or scouts or cross country meets, but it changes all the time.

emshab
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Now that DD is in pre-k I get up at 530 get ready, pack lunches, prep dinner (I try to do slowcooker or something DH can just stick in the oven most days) and do some straighting up at 630 I get the kids up and dressed. we have breakfast and are out the door at 7 to walk to school(school starts at 730). Back from school by 720 put DS in the car and take him to daycare and head to work.  I have an hour commute so I get to work around 9 and stay until 530 or 6.  I'm home between 630 and 7 DH has dinner ready or at least almost ready so we eat.  Then One of just gives DS a bath while the other cleans up and plays with DD.  If time I play with DS before he goes to bed at 8 then DD gets her bath and we read and cuddle before she goes to bed at 9.  Then depending on the day I either do stuff around the house, relax or go straight to bed.

mickstinator
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

It really doesn't change too much for me. I'm getting up earlier to pack lunches for everyone and help the kids get ready and I'm leaving the house about 20 minutes earlier, but I don't do the pick up, so I'm not affected there.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Right now it's still the same since DS will be 3 on the 9th. After his birthday it'll change since he's starting school but my mil will be the one putting him on and getting him off the bus for school.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM

When school starts....so does soccer.  So, wake up at 6am to shower and such, get girls going at about 6:30 (make sure they are awake), leave at 7:15am, drop kids off at school, go to work from 8 - 4:30pm, pick up kids at 5:15pm.

If it's soccer days....drop kid #2 and 3 (twins) at soccer practice at one field, drive over to another for kid #1 and I help coach some days.  At 7pm, take kid #1 to pick up kid #2 and #3 if DH can't (he is a Vice Principal so his days are long), go home, eat dinner, check homework/chores and relax until it's bedtime for girls which is about 8:30.

Non-soccer, pick up girls at 5:15pm, go home, dinner, check homework/chores and relax until it's bedtime for girls which is about 8:30

bluegrassmom13
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM
We get up anywhere between 6:00- 6:30. We are out the door for school and work by a little after 7:00 and are usually home before 4:00. The rest of the evening we relax and do whatever chores we need done. Bedtime is around 10:00. We try to get as much ready as we can the night before to save time in the mornings.
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I try to wake up around 5:30 - 6:00am and try to get a little work in before the kids wake up. 

I wake the kids up at 7:15 and they have breakfast and get dressed. I work mostly during that time (I have a 2nd grader and a K) and take them to the bus at 8:25. 

Then I just get back to work at least until 2:00 or 3:00. 

Daisyducc
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I'm hoping to be up by 5:00 to exercise and shower before I wake the girls (or the girls wake up).  The baby will get a bottle and changed for DC, the 3 year old will get dressed/hair/face/teeth and have a few minutes to play or read while I finish getting ready.  Everyone out the door by 6:45 to be at DC at 7. (3year old will eat breakfast there)

I commute to work to hopefully be in my classroom by 7:45 to prep for student arrival at 8:05

dismissal duty over at 3:15, go back to room to wrap up day/prep for next day, so I hope to leave school by 4:00 and do any quick errands I can, child free, and still pick up by 5:00 (or DH will pick up)

Bring girls home, get dinner started.  Aiming for fuss free meal prep so that I can get some time with girls.  

After dinner, a family walk around the neighborhood to help everyone settle down for the night, and bathtime for girls.  3 year old gets iPad or Netflix time or can play with daddy so that I can give the baby some alone time before putting her down, then big girl gets story/snuggle/goodnight. 

Hoefully both girls will be asleep by 8:30(fx!). Then it's dinner dishes, packing my lunch and starting by bedtime routine.  Maybe time for a show with DH or some reading, and bed by 10:00.

im exhausted just thinking about it.  I could do it with one, I can do it with two, right?  (Missing my maternity leave already!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)