Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Beyond stressed at work

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM
  • 10 Replies
So I manage an apartment complex with 864 college age kids. Everyone justo Ed in. For the school year. I've literally been sick to my stomach since. The apartments were in awful
Condition as far as cleaning goes and it ruined my whole move in day. Ever since (2 weeks ago) I can't sleep, don't eat cause Im top busy making the residents happy, I'm short staffed, over worked, no time to even set up interviews. And to top it off we have no money to pah for a anything which means I can't good because corporate has to approve everything bit yet I don't hear from them when I need them. And I have vendors stalking me for payments. And to top it off spa rents tellong at me at how I should be ashamed of myself for allowing this and blah blah blah. I can only take so much abuse

I'm looking for work elsewhere as I've had it. Km throwing In the towel. But really just want to give my notice and leave

Thanks to those who listened to my vent
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:39 AM
You need a day off a bubble bath and some wine or w few shots. That sounds rough.
strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Yes if you cannot get corporate to respond you have no choice to move on..and let THEm take on this mess!

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
lay out your needs to corpirate in a thorough priority lusting with clear expected dates. for example, hot water ac, entry hardware take oriority. plumbing leaks( like toilets leaking into floors which them leak to neighbors below.), non functioning fridges and stoves. give them a couple of days to respond. then contact code enforcement if they take no action. you could be liable if safety issues cause an accident or fire and throughout alll this keep looking for a job because either they will fire you for being conscientious or you will stress and quit.
jbosworth
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Yes wine is what I need. And college football!!

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

You need a day off a bubble bath and some wine or w few shots. That sounds rough.

jbosworth
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
They just don't respond, it's just not when I need them to. I went ahead and orders what I could last night good thing cause corporate got back to me this morning and said yes.

I spent all night looking and applying for positions. Lets hope something comes of it.

Quoting strongerwtime:

Yes if you cannot get corporate to respond you have no choice to move on..and let THEm take on this mess!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Ugh, sounds like a nightmare job.

TBH, I would be one of those parents complaining, although I would go over your head before attacking you.  It sounds like you are doing all that you can.

Sorry it all falls on you and hope you can find a new job soon!

Daisyducc
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

That sounds super stressful.  I hope you find something else soon.

jbosworth
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Just realized how awful my spelling was. Thanks ladies. I hope to speak with my boss about my stress level.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I hope you find something else soon

jbosworth
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Me too!!! I applied for jobs over the weekend. Lets see what I hear back this week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)