Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Who picked out the ring?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

When you got engaged, who picked out the ring? You or him or both?

DH picked out my ring. We hadn't even been ring shopping. He made a great choice.

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvnature
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM

my husband did. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Dh did all by himself.  I actually never even talked to him about it or what I would've preferred but he was right on the money.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

We didn't do rings when we got married.  We just decided to do it one day.  We had been living together for almost 5 years, and lived in Vegas at the time.  We got rings about a year later.  We picked them together.  We have since upgraded to white gold and black diamonds.

mickstinator
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

we picked it out together. and by that, i mean, he came along while i picked out the ring. 

i love my husband, but he has no bone in his body that recognizes style, fashion, or female interests. i kind of dread the idea of what he'd pick out by himself. lol!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM
This except 10 years living together and not in vegas ;)

Quoting deccaf:

We didn't do rings when we got married.  We just decided to do it one day.  We had been living together for almost 5 years, and lived in Vegas at the time.  We got rings about a year later.  We picked them together.  We have since upgraded to white gold and black diamonds.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

we both picked out the ring about 4 years before we got married. stolled into a shop one night and I found it, never left my mind, thankfully it was still there (not a trendy style or a major designer that changes styles often) altho in the end, the in-house designer ended up making us one because the price was better.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM
He picked it then asked if it was okay and told me I could pick a different one if I wanted. Haha. But I loved it and loved the idea of having a beautiful ring that he picked all alone. :)
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM
DH.
TnGsMomma
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My Husband did - actually, he designed it himself and had it made.  We had never really gone out ring shopping but here and there he would ask me my opinion on jewelry.  At the time he was working at a gas station making little money, it took him 6 months to pay for the ring so they could start making it.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I gave him some ideas of what I would like, but he picked it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)