Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Which is the best vacation you've ever had?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Looking back it is the summer I was 15 -  we went to Memphis (graceland, beale street, and the lorriane motel) I was so annoyed because I wanted to go to disney or somewhere fun. 

But I am glad I got to see some history and my mom thought it was important enough to deal with all the complaining my brother and I did

flutter523
by Tracy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Mexico for sure. Although we're doing disney in dec so I think that'll take the top spot
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM

probably when we all went to Florida for my cousins wedding in 2008. SO much good times in one vacation! I also made it so we were there for my daughters birthday, she turned 9. Me, her, and my sister stayed for three days at the Nick Hotel and had her birthday breakfast with Spongebob, plus my cousin works at Disney, so we spent her birthday at WDW and Hollywood studios. We spent lots of time at the parks and Downtown Disney, my cousins wedding was amazing and beautiful, and it was the first vacation I was ever able to take my daughter on.

emshab
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM

With my freinds to the Bahamas just before I got pregant with DD.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM

don't go on many actual vacations, mostly just to see family, but my parents have made the transition to snowbird and have landed on the gulf shore, so we have been fortunate enough to spend a week the last two winters with them in their rented condo, once in Destin, FL and once in Gulf Shores, AL. This winter, they'll be in West Pensacola, Perdido Key, and we'll be going again. Not super nice weather, but better than we have! Only real "family" vacations we've taken have been to either Whistler (in the summer) or Tofino, BC. they're both a great time!

Bubbie, Memphis is an awesome place to visit for sure! that's where we went for Spring break my senior year of college. The Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel was open by then (not sure what year you went and if it was a reality at that time). But we had a blast! 

mickstinator
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

hmm. 

we have great beach trips with family every year. I'd say last year was the best, as this one was rather melancholy thanks to a lot of negative family issues going on. 

i also loved our last trip to NOLA. we went with the in-laws and left the boys with my mom for a few nights. it was a blast! 

KenneMaw
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

As a working parent, I just want a relaxing vacation that doesn't include standing in long lines or being surrounded by millions of people.   Several years ago, we went to St Simons Island off the coast of Georgia and it has become one of my favorite places.  It is so quiet and laid back.  It just rejuvenates me.   Also, the gulf coast of FL in early October - the water and weather are still perfect but the crowds are gone = heaven!

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Five days in Maui with my husband before we had our older son. *Sigh*

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The 17 days that DH and I had in Tahiti this spring. So peaceful, slow-paced, relaxing, and scenery to die for!

Mommabearbergh
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Going to at Thomas vi loved it there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN