Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Office Politics

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

I HATE office politics. Like loathe it from the center of my being. To a point that I left one job and stepped out of corporate life for nearly a year because it got to me so bad.

Just found out the new position I just started in June is racked FULL of office politics.

Ugh.

Guess I'll be working with my door closed more often. Stupid frickin jealous people.

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I hate it too. Keep your door closed and stay away from it as much as possible.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Office politics are impossible to avoid.  They are in every office.  You just have to try to keep to your own as much as possible.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Yep, there is really no escaping it, no matter what business or line of work, they exist. Sorry it makes your work life hard!!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM
That stinks! Politics is definitely worse in some places than others. Good luck
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM

that's why I am so glad to kind of segregated from the rest of the office! I can avoid all the drama and bs

kikibix
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I hate it too! There is no reason for all the behind peoples back talking, the blame game, the speculation.  Why can't people just talk about issues and how to solve things and work together?! Ugh.  As you can probably tell I had a rough week at work full of the politics.  Thankfully, by today most of it died down because people were in a Friday mood.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM
This

Quoting Nighttiger:

That stinks! Politics is definitely worse in some places than others. Good luck
lnrmom
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Up until I got my promotion I didn't really see a lot of the politics in my office. Today I got slapped with it. Smh. But that's Ok. They thought I'd get in trouble, but Nope. Not even a little. I know my stuff. I get my job done. Who cares if I'm sending a text or two? I have teenagers. I have to get them to jobs. Sometimes that means texting. I'll just be keeping my door closed beginning Monday. But of course then I'll be hiding something. Sigh.... can't win for losing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)