Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Turning 30 Sunday . . . . . vent

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
Im not even really sure how to explain what I am feeling but I feel the need to get it out. Frustrated I guess . I feel really selfish saying this but I know that I am going to be disappointed Sunday when DH turns up empty handed . Im not high maintanance but I think it is reasonable for me to want a card , or a love letter or small gift. Or better yet , make me a cake with our boys and help them draw me a card .
Ya know , I just don't understand why I still want something after a proven bad track record for years when it comes to holidays/birthdays.
I know im the keeper of my own happiness but why is this bothering me so bad ?
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Idk but it bothers me every time too. Dh is terrible at gifts. Feels like, if he does get me a gift, its generic. I'm sorry your dh is bad at gifts. :(
BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I think im going to just treat myself to a hot fudge cake and forget about it !
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Oh man, that would be rough, have you talked to him about the importance of teaching your children gift giving? Maybe that would motivate him. If not , I agree tell him want "he" bought you, lol!

Gift giving is one of DH's best qualities! He works very hard at Instilling it in the boys as well!
BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I have talked to him. He is a great husband except for this . Trust me , I count my blessings but this hurts me .
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

on my last birthday my boyfriend was HOURS late to hang out with me and it really hurt my feelings. So you're not the only one who would be upset by basically being forgetten.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM

You're not the only one. My birthday just passed and my ex is the only one who did something for me, which is weird since he never did anything when we were together. My family would be pissed if I did nothing for their birthdays.

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Maybe drop some hints or suggest going out to dinner/a movie/something fun you'd like to do. He clearly doesn't get it so make it painfully obvious what you want.

That said, it does suck that being thoughtful doesn't come naturally to him. We all want to feel appreciated, especially on our birthday. :(
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I know what you mean.
mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I totally get this. He is ok about my birthday (with coaching ) but our anniversary is another thing. 

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)