Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you take your kids to the public library?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 22 Replies

Do you take your kids to the public library?

My kids love to go to the library but we don't often get time to do it. Our local one has crazy hours in the evening and the other local has no evening hours. So we can really only go on Saturdays and Saturdays have been super crazy.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM

not as much as we used to.

mickstinator
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Usually every week or so to trade out our latest batch of books. 

la-cosa-nostra
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM

my mom takes them a lot, they arent open after work. and saturday they close early and we never make it lol 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Yes, we do. They also can go on their own as it's within biking distance (a few minutes).
funhappymom
by Marie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quoting the3Rs:

Yes, we do. They also can go on their own as it's within biking distance (a few minutes).

Oh that would be nice. I think I would trust my boys to ride there if we lived close.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM

We go about once a month, which is the loan period for the kids books she borrows. I don't even know the hours otherwise, we go on a Saturday. I imagine they're open late enough to go before dinner, but I suspect they close up around 7? 

mickstinator
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Quoting the3Rs:

that would be so nice! we have one that is pretty close, but the better one is about a 10 minute drive. It's about 3 times the size of the closer one, so we almost always go there. 

gabbie40
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Yes I do all the time
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Yes but not often. They have saturday story time
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM
No, they accused me of returning a book water damaged and i really do not believe we did! I had to buy the darn thing, then it magically disappeared, when i requested to look at it, haha!!

I hold grudges, so we haven't been back for like 6 months, lol!! But seriously, like you guys we have been super busy too!

But we will probably start going here when I am on maternity leave in a month or so!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)