Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Yesterday at the PRIDE Parade!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

I took my sons to the pride parade in Dallas yesterday. We had a blast celebrating love, eating snowcones, and cheering on the marchers! : D I thought I'd share a few pics from the fun!

My 5 year old with the dalmation a parade marcher gave him!

A little hot, but hydrated (see water bottles along the ground, lol!)

All three of us! They were more excited than they look. We snapped the picture in a lull. ; )

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Oh no!  Give that doggy back!  It has PRIDE cooties on it!!!   J/K, though there are some that would be horribly offensive about that. 

I'm glad they had so much fun!

mickstinator
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting deccaf:

Oh no!  Give that doggy back!  It has PRIDE cooties on it!!!   J/K, though there are some that would be horribly offensive about that. 

I'm glad they had so much fun!

Lol! It was a dalmation rescue float, so they were giving the pooches out to all the kiddies around. He felt pretty special, though. ; )

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
How fun!!
flaquitabss
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Genuine question:    What state do you live in??  I live in California, and over here the PRIDE parade gets a lil bit nuts, not really child appropiate if you know what I mean.  We go to the San Francisco one though, so maybe that's why.. but I would like it to be more appropiate, more family oriented you know?

mickstinator
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Quoting flaquitabss:

Genuine question:    What state do you live in??  I live in California, and over here the PRIDE parade gets a lil bit nuts, not really child appropiate if you know what I mean.  We go to the San Francisco one though, so maybe that's why.. but I would like it to be more appropiate, more family oriented you know?

Yes, I was nervous about it being inappropriate. I found out beforehand there was a designated family friendly area, but I never made it over there because the actual parade was actually pretty PG! The worst I saw were a few floats with dancing dudes, but my little children were pretty oblivious to that. Absolutely no nudity!

I am in Texas - Dallas, to be exact. I'm positive we have one of the more docile parades around. 

flaquitabss
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Oh thank you!   There might be a family friendly area over here as well...  thanks!!

And yeah over here we have nudity or partial nudity a lot... my kids arent that little, so they will notice! = P

Thanks!  Glad you had fun!

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting flaquitabss:

Yes, I was nervous about it being inappropriate. I found out beforehand there was a designated family friendly area, but I never made it over there because the actual parade was actually pretty PG! The worst I saw were a few floats with dancing dudes, but my little children were pretty oblivious to that. Absolutely no nudity!

I am in Texas - Dallas, to be exact. I'm positive we have one of the more docile parades around. 

colins_mom
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
awesomeness! my mom, myself, and DS went to the Lansing pride with my moms BFFs and their SOs (my mom is the only straight one in the bunch :) ) and my BFF and his bf, which made DS happy because he missed Uncle J and Uncle E (they are his god fathers)
mickstinator
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Quoting colins_mom:

awesomeness! my mom, myself, and DS went to the Lansing pride with my moms BFFs and their SOs (my mom is the only straight one in the bunch :) ) and my BFF and his bf, which made DS happy because he missed Uncle J and Uncle E (they are his god fathers)

that is fun! my little sister and her boyfriend came with us so we were a pretty small group. 

i had the opportunity to walk in the parade with our church (unitarian universalist). i decided not to since i only recently started attending and don't know people very well. i wasn't sure my kids could make it walking the whole thing, 

mickstinator
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I hope all of the parades do. Taking the kids is a great opportunity to initiate the conversation and celebrate diversity. I was very happy it was appropriate enough to take my children. : )

Quoting flaquitabss:

Oh thank you!   There might be a family friendly area over here as well...  thanks!!

And yeah over here we have nudity or partial nudity a lot... my kids arent that little, so they will notice! = P

Thanks!  Glad you had fun!

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting flaquitabss:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM

that's awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN