Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

PIOG... Do you boycott any store/company/restaurant because you do not agree with their practices/beliefs?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 25 Replies

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM

No, I really don't have strong feelings about any place in particular. 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM

mostly no, except Papa Johns, but then there are also like 10 other BETTER pizza choices in town, so I never have to go there again anyway. 

I knew people who boycot Costco because the president leans one way, too bad the company, as a whole, gives to both parties equally.  and then there were people who boycotted heinz during the year Kerry was running for president. that made me laugh! 

I think there's stuff that gets out that isn't the whole picture and people glom onto things and think that's all there is to believe, not knowing the whole story. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
No. I respect companies for sticking to their beliefs even when it's against what "society" wants.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No but I refused to eat in the restaurant my ex boyfriend owns. My MIL eats there all the time and can not understand why I won't go there. It was not a nice break up and I am not going to put money into his pocket~

flutter523
by Tracy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Just a former employers businesses. He treats his employees poorly. Stealing tips and everything.
kailu1835
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Nope.
Corina1987
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I don't eat any just killed animals from a poultry shop. I've seen them and their conditions are terrible and it's so sad. I can't choose a live animal to be slaughtered. I'd rather not see that.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I boycott Walmart sometimes, when I have bad service or can't find effing children's Tylenol for two weeks.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM
But that isn't really because of my beliefs. Haha.
mickstinator
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Nah. I strongly disagree with some politics of various companies, but if I like their stuff, I like their stuff. Chick fil a is a prime example for me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)