Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

'On the Brink'

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 12 Replies
A neat article about working moms being close to the edge of a breakdown. (Sorry it's not clickable.)

http://m.today.com/moms/brink-many-working-moms-falling-apart-author-says-4B11184706

Do you feel like you're "on the brink" sometimes?
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MunchiesMom324
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Bump for clicky
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually have been feeling like that a lot lately. I feel like I'm falling apart, unraveling at the seams and I have no idea what to do about it. I'm a single mom, so I can't just leave it up to her dad to take care of her while I get my shit together. I'm working on scheduling a few days off just to try to relax and refresh.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I could write my own book on this topic.

I am definitely on the brink everyday.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I've been there.  My breakdown after having my 3rd child is what prompted me to much more aggressively pursue getting OUT of my current job - and finding something that would take some of the stress off.

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I repeatedly feel this way. Right now I'm doing ok. But when I came back for maternity leave my boss got mad at me because I wasn't available 24/7. I got yelled at because I couldn't cover someone else's shift. That makes no sense to me. Things are better now, but I know it's just a matter of time before I get overwhelmed again. There's a lot of pressure on women to do it all and have it all. It's hard and we are hard on ourselves.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I always feel like this

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Sounds like my current reality. However, I have 2 kids and I certainly don't have the luxury of quitting my job while I figure it out. Pretty sure most of the women here are in that same boat!

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

(and my likes aren't likes- they are more like "you aren't alone, mama! I feel that way too!")

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Sometimes. Especially times like right now where DH breaks down as well. Then I feel like a single parent to 3 kids :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN