Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Our Fun Night

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

So, this was Saturday night (Sunday morning), but it was a series of unfortunate events. 

DS1 starts by crying out at night (3am). DH swears he's been doing this for habit/attention and when you wake DH he's not always the nicest person. So he hears DS1 and before I can react, DH goes in and yells at him to go back to sleep. DS1 is quiet for about 3 minutes, then starts crying again. DH goes in and I see lights go on. I then hear the shower in DH's bathroom turn on. Not good. DH comes back to our room looking green. I ask whats going on and he tells me DS1 threw up. Now me, and the baby that is with me, are both up. I go into DS1's room and its on his bed, bed rails and floor. Yay :( DH can't handle it, so I give him the baby and start the clean up. I switch out all the sheets and get the floor and bed washed. Of course, DH had just put in laundry before we went to sleep, so to wash the stuff, I have to empty the dryer, change the washer, then start the load. While I'm downstairs, DH changes the babys diaper and I find out DS1 has thrown up again in the babys room. Ugghhh. So, another floor cleaning. Its now about 3:30. We get DS1 settled back in at 3:40. I pump around 4 am so I go ahead and nurse the baby and pump for 10 minutes. Close my eyes again at around 3:55. 

4am I hear DS1 again. He's thrown up...again! On the new set of sheets. I only have 2 sets for his bed, so now it time for a makeshift set from our queen bed sheets. While I'm dealing with the bed (baby is asleep thankfully), DH takes DS1 for a full shower (just wiped him off last time). He leaves the bathroom door open. The fire alarms go off. DH turns to deal with the fire alarm and a freaked out DS1 jumps out of the shower to run, slips and, from what I gather from DS1 later, bumps his head. I run over and open the window to start removing the steam, then run down to the basement to get a fan. We get the fire alarms turned off, DS1 back in bed, and we all go back down around 4:25 am. 

Now DS1 makes us close the bathroom door before he will go to sleep at night because he doesn't want the fire alarms to go off :(

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Wow. I hate nights like that! Hope your DS1 gets better soon & you all don't catch it.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

oh man!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
The throwing up and not wanting to eat much the next day is all he had. No fever and he didn't throw up again. Not sure if it was something he ate or what

Quoting the3Rs:

Wow. I hate nights like that! Hope your DS1 gets better soon & you all don't catch it.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I am so sorry!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I'm sorry. Nights like that are not fun
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM
you poor thing!!! glad its over. darn stomach bug. ds 12 caught it last week. he still isnt eating properly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN