Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I'm doing what I need to do and he's trying to make me feel like crap about it

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
For the last year I have been searching for a second job, it's difficult with my current work hours and having someone watch DD. I've been struggling with debt and having the majority of our monthly bills/expenses falling on me. SO works 8-15 hour days 6 days a week, so I would need someone to watch DD until one of us gets home.

I had hit a breaking point at work one day. I was so frustrated and pissed, I wanted to go for the day. My Mom (we have a family business) told me she didn't care either way. The next day she said that she spoke with my Granny and that they wanted me to clean their house, their current cleaner has plenty of people to work for so it wouldn't be a huge loss for her. I agreed, every other Monday while Granny went to bowling for the same price they paid the other lady, it's more than what I make in a day at my day job.

Then a few weeks back a friend of my Moms mentioned he would be needing a set up helper for parties, my first party was the weekend. I have this coming weekend and the following scheduled with him. I'm making the same hourly pay as my current job, then after next weekend my pay will go up.

I'm excited and bummed at the same time. I'm going from one job to the other without more than the commute as a break. I'm getting bills paid on time. I'm missing a few hours or even an entire day with my DD. My biomom gets to spend time with DD more since she's the only one I can rely on to watch her overnight and extended periods of time.

So to the point. I get home after the first portion of the first setup of this weekend (it was a 3 part Jewish party), spent all of 30 minutes at the setup, and he was all pissy. Why!? I've been talking about finding an extra job forever! With his background and his current job he can't get a second job. We've talked about this. The newest job is only on the weekends and I'd be home by 11pm at the latest. He just irritates me with this, like I'm suppose to feel like a shitty Mother and partner because I'm trying to get my head above water, get off assistance and for once not feel bad that I bought name brand tampons and pads! Not to mention getting out of this damn hell-hole that we've been calling home for the last 2 years.

Ugh. I'm done now... lol
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
keep up your hard work it will pay off. s/o will either get with the program or wallow.
savedbygrace316
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Stay strong. It will all be worth it in the end.
heather77g
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

stay strong and keep going forward. You have to do what you believe is right for yourself. Dont let anyone hold you back, they will either be with you or jump off the bus :)

mickstinator
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

i tell you, money stresses are the worst. they affect everything! i hope you can power through this and get your family more established. it's hard on everyone. 

my husband works opposite of me. i sometimes catch myself getting pissy when he picks up extra work because it often means he'll be extra tired and i, when already tired, will have to put up with his bad mood. it's so easy to get selfish in those moments because you feel so unselfish all the other times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN