Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I'm just going to start making 2

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

I don't generally like the meals that DH does.  He doesn't like the foods I prefer to eat (fish, pork, etc).  So in the interest of both of us eating, I may just start making two meals.  Steph usually likes what I eat (generally a healthier option), but could choose between 2 meats, probably same sides.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mickstinator
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM

You must really love your man! ; )

I find myself often eating foods I don't really prefer because my husband and I have different taste palettes. He prefers spicy, meat-heavy meals. I prefer light, creamier meals with more veggies.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I wonder sometimes what has kept us together for 15 years.  We don't like the same foods, music, shows, etc.  We enjoy spending time together, but I am a big reader, he is not.  I guess there is more to love than common interests.  Or maybe our different interests keep us out of the way of the other and that causes less friction?  I don't know, but I'm not trading him in anytime soon!

Quoting mickstinator:

I find myself often eating foods I don't really prefer because my husband and I have different taste palettes. He prefers spicy, meat-heavy meals. I prefer light, creamier meals with more veggies.

mickstinator
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I think the best part about relationships is that yours doesn't have to be like someone else's. 

Lots of people prefer to spend all their time with their spouse; others prefer space. Finding a person who wants the same thing is key! : )

Quoting deccaf:

I wonder sometimes what has kept us together for 15 years.  We don't like the same foods, music, shows, etc.  We enjoy spending time together, but I am a big reader, he is not.  I guess there is more to love than common interests.  Or maybe our different interests keep us out of the way of the other and that causes less friction?  I don't know, but I'm not trading him in anytime soon!

Quoting mickstinator:

rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM
You're a better wife than I. ;)

But we tend to like the same kinds of foods so it's easier here.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM

oh my, you're a good wife.  It's always one meal here at our house. My guys eat what is served, "mama aint got time" to be cooking 4 or I guess so to be 5 different meals, haha.

Luckily my attitude as made healthy little boys who might go to bed a bit hungry sometimes, but they aren't very picky so far!! And even my DH will eat things he used to "not like" It's great.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I usually cook what he likes because I am too exhausted to cook 2 meals.
flutter523
by Tracy on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Luckily mine will eat anything and since I do the cooking he eats what I want and doesn't complain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)