Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you do any volunteer work?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you do any volunteer work?

I help out at church with the kids program weekly. Other than that we don't volunteer too much unless it's something to do with the kids.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Not right now.  I don't have consistent time.  When school is over, I plan to find some causes I want to volunteer for.

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I'm a volunteer event coordinator for a website called Girlfriend Social.  That's all I have time for right now.

I'm looking for friends who are loyal, intelligent, kind and who love to chat.  If this is you, contact me.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I'm stretched thin already and with a baby and toddler theres not much I can do
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I cannot even attend to my own personal responsibilities in a timely manner, so no ectra time for that either.
funhappymom
by Marie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Quoting HotMama330:

I'm a volunteer event coordinator for a website called Girlfriend Social.  That's all I have time for right now.

I've never heard of that site. I'll have to check it out sometime.

funhappymom
by Marie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Quoting Nighttiger:

I'm stretched thin already and with a baby and toddler theres not much I can do

Yes, it does sound like you are busy, busy, busy. It's one of the reasons I volunteer on Sundays-my kids are in their room, while I'm teaching another class. Works out really well.

funhappymom
by Marie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Quoting Marti123:

I cannot even attend to my own personal responsibilities in a timely manner, so no ectra time for that either.

You have a little one coming soon, too. That makes it a little harder, too.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM

No, I don't. I just can't seem to find the time and the cause I believe in enough to give my time.

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I have more info about it on my profile page, if you're curious.

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting HotMama330:

I've never heard of that site. I'll have to check it out sometime.

I'm looking for friends who are loyal, intelligent, kind and who love to chat.  If this is you, contact me.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I was a member of our local Soroptimist International for 5 years, up until DD was about 2. The club started to grow a bit more than I could really help out and I didn't feel being an absent member was worthwhile (and DH lost his job around that time too, so I didn't have the annual membership money either). I do miss it, altho if I went back, I'd probably join a different club because there was one member in particular in my club that I just don't feel like being around. It's a fantastic organization, I really miss helping out women and girls with the other members!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)