Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

That had to be a hard call

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 8 Replies
Dh just called me. Hes taking ds1 to the dr because hes sick and didn't have an insurance card on him. Normally not a big deal. Except this is the third time he had to make that call. After the last time I sat him dow, handed him yet another card, explained our insurance and told him to put the card in his wallet. He promised me he would......so I couldn't help but laugh this time when he called.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Hehehe.  DH always tells me he has Steph's card, but somehow, he never uses it!

mickstinator
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

lol! my husband is so similar. i find it useless to expect him to be competent with those things. ; )

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, love it!!!

My DH's hard call today-------"honey, craziest thing I found that package mailbox key in the car"

Now the background, my birthday boy 4 yo has been requesting a "toy coconut" for his birthday for months. He has told everyone. I found one on Etsy. Post office confirmed delivery on the 20th. Yet no package or package box key arrived. I asked DH if he dropped the key, found a key, or found a package. He insisted "no" I begged him to check, he states he did. I fought with the post office. I cried real tears (I'm a little hormonal past my due date now) yesterday because my newly turned 4 yo did not get his toy coconut!! My DH saw how devastated we both were, so yea, bet when he found that key today, I bet he felt rather guilty!!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Oh goodness!

Doesn't your dr's office and pharmacy keep your insurance info on file? We don't have to show ours each time, only if we are new patients or have a change.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM
It was a change ;) we changed pediatricians. They had seen ds2 but not ds1 yet since his yearly isn't due until january. They found a copy in ds2s file while I was on the phone. The last two times were when we switched insurance companies in january and when ds2 was in the nicu in may

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Oh goodness!

Doesn't your dr's office and pharmacy keep your insurance info on file? We don't have to show ours each time, only if we are new patients or have a change.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
take a pic of each side of the card. store it on his phone.
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM
That would work but I would probably still get the call since he would forget its there. :) Should not be an issue again though because he needed to get a prescription when I got home. He asked for the card in my wallet and I directed him to the two on his desk :)

Quoting calsmom62:

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:26 PM
you are probably right about him forgetting they were on hiis phone. i guess just keep being there as a resource for our husbands is the answer for alot of us

Quoting Nighttiger:

That would work but I would probably still get the call since he would forget its there. :) Should not be an issue again though because he needed to get a prescription when I got home. He asked for the card in my wallet and I directed him to the two on his desk :)

Quoting calsmom62:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN