Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please feed your child.

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

I swear she is always hungry!  Going through Walmart, "Mommy, I'm hungryyyyyyyyyyyy". Get her something to eat.  As soon as that is done, "Mommy, I'm hungryyyyyyyyyyyy".   I swear people think I don't feed her.  She's such a small thing.  27th percentile in height and weight.  Dr says her metabolism is just really good.  Which I used to have, too.  It's been months with only a couple ounces gained, so not a growth spurt, just a hungry kid.  I'm a little afraid of how much Disney is going to cost us with her eating so much!

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I think it's normal. It's a phase. Some kids can't get enough to eat, and some are never hungry. I think she will outgrow it.

ninamsi
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM

My youngest son has just begun to grow and he is 10.  Try to fill her up before you go to the park.  The prices at the park will kill your wallet.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM

We are staying at the hotel, so it should be easy enough to bring little snacks, but this kid can eat more than I can carry!  I may just get the dining plan...Might be a better way to go.

Quoting ninamsi:

My youngest son has just begun to grow and he is 10.  Try to fill her up before you go to the park.  The prices at the park will kill your wallet.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Sounds like a healthy little gal to me!
Lolabearlow
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM
If ur talking disney world, get the meal plan. It ends up being a really good deal.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I don't know how kids can eat so much and not gain a lb.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM

How funny. Jackson is usually the opposite so when he does that it surprises me. Yesterday he ate 2 things of yogurt in one sitting! He'd barely gotten the first one when he was begging for another. I looked and realized he'd basically inhaled it and there was only a little bit in the bottom that he couldn't get to.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM
How old is she? My 8 yr old daughter is the same way. She eats more than me and I am pregnant with twins!
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
She's 3

Quoting mrsary:

How old is she? My 8 yr old daughter is the same way. She eats more than me and I am pregnant with twins!

ravenseeyore
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM

One of my daughters was the same way.  When I took her for her 3 year check the PA said he was amazed. Our families were friends and we had been at a cook out at his house the weekend before. So he had seen how she ate.  Every time he looked at her she was eating something. But she had gained less than a pound in a year.

And now her daughter is the same way.  Constantly eating but not putting on weight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)