Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Careers?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 23 Replies
How did you pick your career? I am lost....I need to find a higher paying job but I dont know what to do.
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I picked my first career because I thought it was what I was *supposed* to do.

I pretty much fell into my current career but I really like what I do & earn good $$.

If I were you, I'd worry less about how much $$ you'd make & more about what would make you happy and then go from there. What are you interested in? What do you enjoy?
Mznaye
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I really dont know. I have been in customer service a long time. I kinda have to worry about money. I am a single mom.

Quoting the3Rs:

I pretty much fell into my current career but I really like what I do & earn good $$.

If I were you, I'd worry less about how much $$ you'd make & more about what would make you happy and then go from there. What are you interested in? What do you enjoy?
JeremysMom
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

What do you like to do? What are your strengths? How much time are you wiling to devote to school in order to obtain a new career?

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I didn't mean not to worry about $$ at all, but making it your #1 priority when choosing a career could lead to a very unhappy career.

Quoting Mznaye:

I really dont know. I have been in customer service a long time. I kinda have to worry about money. I am a single mom.

Quoting the3Rs:

bebe_ju-rah
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I kind of evolved into it. I started working at a paint store as a kid. Decided I wanted to be an interior designer because of it. Got my degree, did OK on my own and was sought out by a contract furniture company to sell for them. So here I am, a contract furniture executive. :)
Mznaye
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Ok. My main concern is finding a job that fits me

Quoting the3Rs:

I didn't mean not to worry about $$ at all, but making it your #1 priority when choosing a career could lead to a very unhappy career.

Quoting Mznaye:

Quoting the3Rs:

Mznaye
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Neat! I currently work as a patient rep but there is no room for advancement. I asked to learn how to collect money from the insurance company

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I kind of evolved into it. I started working at a paint store as a kid. Decided I wanted to be an interior designer because of it. Got my degree, did OK on my own and was sought out by a contract furniture company to sell for them. So here I am, a contract furniture executive. :)
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM
good customer service skills can translate well into front desk receptionist positions. HR coordinators, call center reps, people who serve as the first encounter to an organization or dept.

Quoting Mznaye:

Quoting the3Rs:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Bump I'm not in a career yet

Mznaye
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I graduated from college with a major in General Studies and a minor in Business Administration. Here you advance by who you know

Quoting calsmom62:

good customer service skills can translate well into front desk receptionist positions. HR coordinators, call center reps, people who serve as the first encounter to an organization or dept.

Quoting Mznaye:

Quoting the3Rs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)