Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

meal help

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok this is my week... Work full time, 30min at the gym, take kids to practices, and or games. Then i gotta get home and cook. Does anyone have some meals they would share. I'm tired anyone else have a hectic schedule
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MixedCooke
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:36 AM

most working Mothers do

mommyinthe303
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:23 AM
I agree most moms do that's why i asked is this an issue to ask.
mskeeinmd
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I do.  I actually sell Tastefully Simple and do Freezer meal workshops whereby I pre-cook and then freeze my meals so that I can just take out of the oven, toss a salad and get dinner on the table by 6:30 pm.  Look and see if you can attend a freezer meal workshop in your area.  Great ways to save time and money.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Crock pot!  Your new best friend!  Pork chops, can of cream of mushroom (or cream of chicken), serve over rice with a veggie.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Easy spaghetti (tonight's meal since I have class)

Italian Sausage

1 can tomato sauce (medium)

1 can tomato paste (small)

Italian seasoning

Spaghetti noodles

garlic bread if desired

veggie of choice

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Salsa Chicken

1 jar salsa (or make your own)

Chicken Breast

Crockpot all day, it will shred itself shen coming out.  DH likes it in taco shells, DD likes it over pasta

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Crock pot meals

Chicken breasts, cream of celery soup, packet of onion soup mix - serve with rice

chicken breasts, salsa, drained can of black beans, drained can of corn - serve with tortilla chips and cheese

Roast, potatoes, carrots, celery

Quick things like spaghetti, tacos, mac & cheese, sandwiches, stir fry

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Stuffed baked potatoes

You can pre-cook the potatoes if you are really pressed for time

After cooking the potatoes, cut in half and scoop out insides, being careful to leave skins intact

In a bowl, mix potato guts, miracle whip (we like it with this, MIL uses sour cream) a cooked protein ( I like chicken, DH likes steak), veggies, and cheese. Add a bit of garlic powder and any spices/herbs you like, put bak in skins, bake until cheese is melted and potatoes are warm.

mommyinthe303
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Now this is an idea I will check to see if they have any classes like that... Thanks.

Quoting mskeeinmd:

I do.  I actually sell Tastefully Simple and do Freezer meal workshops whereby I pre-cook and then freeze my meals so that I can just take out of the oven, toss a salad and get dinner on the table by 6:30 pm.  Look and see if you can attend a freezer meal workshop in your area.  Great ways to save time and money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)