Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Going back to work next month

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 6 Replies
After being on maternity leave for four months! I am concerned how my kids are going to react to all of this since they are used to me being home now. I was thinking to try to ease them back into routine, I might just leave the house for a couple hours a day with the sitter to gradually get them used to the idea of me being gone. Or should I just spring it on them all at once?
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I think easing them into it is a great idea. It also might help you

rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Easing is a good way. Makes it easier on everyone, including the sitter. ;)
CountryDay
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM

As a mom, I would also agree that easing children into a preschool setting is the best thing. That having been said, however, here is the problem...by "easing" them into a preschool environment, they will not know whether they are coming or going, and little ones need that continuity.  Preschool becomes their place to socialize, while they are learning.  Preschool should be a stimulating environment for every child, so select one with a well-known teacher-led curriculum.  When you visit a preschool make mental notes on how the teachers greet you, the moods of the children, the cleanliness of the school, and, if you have the oppotunity, how the parents appear when they are dropping off or picking up their children...those are great indicators whether or not it may be a good fit for your child (and you).  I know it is tough, but with a baby that young, trust me - he/she will acclimate and transition well if the caregivers/teachers are loving, knowledgable and attentive.

Josie_P
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM
We have a nanny. My oldest goes to a nursery school only 3x a week for 3 hours.

Quoting CountryDay:

As a mom, I would also agree that easing children into a preschool setting is the best thing. That having been said, however, here is the problem...by "easing" them into a preschool environment, they will not know whether they are coming or going, and little ones need that continuity.  Preschool becomes their place to socialize, while they are learning.  Preschool should be a stimulating environment for every child, so select one with a well-known teacher-led curriculum.  When you visit a preschool make mental notes on how the teachers greet you, the moods of the children, the cleanliness of the school, and, if you have the oppotunity, how the parents appear when they are dropping off or picking up their children...those are great indicators whether or not it may be a good fit for your child (and you).  I know it is tough, but with a baby that young, trust me - he/she will acclimate and transition well if the caregivers/teachers are loving, knowledgable and attentive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Yes, especially for the sitter!

Quoting rissarin:

Easing is a good way. Makes it easier on everyone, including the sitter. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Ease them into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN