Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Suck it up, sweetheart

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Watching a video earlier...by my stepdaughter...who lived with us through most of my pregnancy...and never lifted a finger to make anything easier...

Mind you, I worked 40 hours a week, attended school, watched the grandson (other SD's baby) and which SHE took credit for.  Managed to keep the house clean, make a healthy dinner every night, which was never good enough for her, and managed to stay sane whil going through the home-buying process.

She posts a video about how she is working so much and is tired.  Ok, I get it, but now you can see how it really is.  She doesn't do half of what I did, and yes, I am feeling a little vengeful. 

She talks about losing sleep, well, you coming and going as you pleased, when you moved back in with us, waking the baby up, and just general disrespect sure made my days and nights just the most peaceful things ever. 

Grrrr.  Suck it up, this is just the beginning.

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM
It is hard to have a lot of compassion for someone who treated you like a doormat and showed no appreciation for all your efforts.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Definitely.

Quoting Marti123:

It is hard to have a lot of compassion for someone who treated you like a doormat and showed no appreciation for all your efforts.
christaberk
by Christa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Christa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Yup.

Quoting Marti123:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Perfectly said

Quoting Marti123:

ravenseeyore
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Gotta love people like that. I've never been able to tolerate the whole "my life is so much harder/ more stressful than yours" mentality. Put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I completely understand where you're coming from. This is how I feel about my sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)