Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you deal with working moms guilt?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 17 Replies

Do you deal with working moms guilt?

As much as I know I am doing the right thing for our family. I do suffer from working mom guilt sometimes. Especially when the kids are off of school or they have something special going on in school.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I don't. It could be because she goes to daycare at the same place I work, so I'm still in the same general place as her.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I'm sure my day will come though.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Sometimes.
Karenjm
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Oh yes, and today is one of those days!  My 2 year old was crying the whole morning and I was thinking, if I could stay home he could still be in bed and not have to get up so early :-(  Oh, it's horrible.  But I have to work if I want to give my kids a good life!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I did more when DD was younger because I never got to go on field trips or help in the classroom. Now that she's older, she wouldn't be caught dead with me at school lol I do wish sometimes I could be home and have breakfast with her, and not be so exhausted after work that we have more than mac and cheese or chicken patties.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM

no, but dd is in school now and i get home an hour after she does and dh works from home so he is there for her when i am not.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Mind over matter. I know I'm doing the right thing, even if it comes with hard sacrifices. When I start to feel down about it, I remind myself that my emotions are valid, but they are just emotions. They do not reflect the practicality or reality of the situation. It helps.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I have it. Ds occasionally makes me feel horrible with the things he says. I try to do something with him at least once a month.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I have mom guilt, period. No matter working or not!
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Not really.  About the only time I do is if I'm out of town for work and I miss a school event.  I've missed my youngest's ONLY music concert two years in a row now.  It SUCKS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN