Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you quit your job for your little one?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

New Mom looking to leave a 7 year real estate run. What are hot mom careers for me to choose from? Ready to go back to college! Any suggestions??

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I would and have quit my job for 6 months and went back to work.  I needed the money.  Im curious to see what other moms can suggest.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I would quit my job if I have to. What do you want to do? What interests you?

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Quoting cjsmom1:

I would quit my job if I have to. What do you want to do? What interests you?

I agree with finding what interests you.  What are you best at?  What makes you feel good?  For me it is business, administration side.  I like having things done right, I am obsessively organized, a firm believer that if you have a goal, brains, and willingness to work hard you can get just about anything done.  I do NOT like people, I am very introverted, so customer service, sales, that sort of thing isn't my ideal career.  

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I did quit my job after having DD. I went back to work though once she turned 18 months. 

What are your interests?  Do you want to stay in real estate eventually?  I ask because real estate is a career that is more flexible than many and perfect for moms.

MixedCooke
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I chose to work nights for them.

Key731
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I really enjoy working with people and building relationships. I do feel I am loosing interest in the "hunter" side of sales however.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM

My career is generally not considered family friendly.  I work in accounting, but for a private company.  So they are very family oriented.  NOT generally something I would recommend to someone, especially if you go for public accounting.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Since you've done "sales" in real estate and enjoy interfacing with the public, maybe something like event planning or marketing would be up your alley?  Depends on where your passion lies :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)