Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Hostess gift ideas?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 7 Replies
My 4yo is going to a birthday party tomorrow. It is for his school buddy he has known for the past 4 years, since they were infants together. It is apparently a family party and for the 4 yo and his 1yo brother. There was a post-it note on the beautiful invitations, that said "no gifts" the boys will be opening ones from family. I completely respect this, but I still feel funny sending DH and DS empty handed.

But I am totally intimidated to even picking out an hostess gift. They appear to live in a much higher income bracket than our family, what's appropriate to bring? Ideas?
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kellysp6637
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM

If they have a high income bracket, and you are unsure of what to get them....how about making a donation in their name to a charity?  You could print it out and place it in a nice card?

Or how about a small gift certificate to a local ice cream parlor for them to enjoy as a family?

Or, just purchase a beautiful candy dish and fill it with lindt truffles with a pretty card attached.

kellysp6637
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Or how about putting a cute family movie in a basket and put some popcorn, and movie candy in the basket with a little card?  That way they could have a cute family movie night.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM

What about a giftcard to a local family place?

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM
even if they may be higher income i like the idea of a gift cert to a local restaurant/attraction or movie basket. or you can bring fresh flower arrangement or chocolate:)
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM
These are awesome ideas!
MountieMama
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Flowers are nice. Something people like to have but don't often buy for themselves.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM
so what did you end up bringing???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN