Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What did you want to be?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 12 Replies

When you grew up? I wanted to be a famous artist, I was pretty good at drawing, but I never had the talent to get noticed, I was always in the shadow of my older brother. My dreams started to change after I had my first son, I wanted to be a nurse, but I didn't go to college after going back and finishing high school until just recently.

When I was pregnant with my second son, I did a lot of research about home birth and I decided I wanted to become a certified nurse midwife because I'm really interested in women's health, and the home birthing proccess is such a beautiful thing, and for that I need my master's in nursing.

It's going to take a long time, I wish I would have realized what I really wanted to do years ago and acted upon it, but at least I feel like I'm finally finding myself. I've only been in class for two weeks, going into three tomorrow, but I absolutely love it!

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I wanted to be a writer. It is still something I would love to be, but life always gets in the way.

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

True, true. I kept putting my life on hold for one reason or another, making excuses why I couldn't go after my dream, until one day I finally realized I couldn't wait anymore and I have to make it happen, dreams don't come true on their own.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

I wanted to be a writer. It is still something I would love to be, but life always gets in the way.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM
When I was younger I wanted to be an astrophysicist. Then, I wanted to be in a major symphony. I actually did audition for the Chicago Symphony. Didn't get it, but fulfilled part of that dream by just playing on that amazing stage.

I ended up being a music teacher for too many years which was NOT my dream. Now I'm in software development, which was never a dream, but I enjoy it.

If I'm being honest, I still want to perform professionally, but that dream is just not going to come true. I do play in the community band though, so I guess that's something.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
When I was little, I wanted to be a nurse. In high school I wanted to be an investigator. But I always had a secret want to be a park ranger. And come January when I start school full time, I'll be one step closer to that "secret" want. Although, now it's become more than just a park ranger. Instead I'd love to be a wildlife biologist or wildlife rehabilitator.
MountieMama
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Well originally I wanted to be an addictions counsellor for a few years before being a cop. I just skipped that part
mamavalor
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I wanted to be a teacher and someday be financially independent to work as one pro bono.  I became one and then became a SAHM, which now I do AND volunteer.  So I guess I am getting there.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM
i wanted to be a teacher or a stewardess. too tall to be a stewardess though, ( they had strict limits back then), a forest ranger. a lawyer. i ended up being a teacher and then sahm and then HR.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I wanted to be a cheerleader lol

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM

So I thought I would be an ice skater....or an obstetrician. Polar opposite professions..I did nothing close to it.  I feel into longtime administrative work and then landed in marketing. My dream would be to songwrite and record (which I do in my down time) and then work with a team on a project, movie etc. that gains grammy recognition. That's my dream. So, been networking.  Made cards..going for it.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Ballerina.  Bad knees got in the way of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN