Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

When you grew up? I wanted to be a famous artist, I was pretty good at drawing, but I never had the talent to get noticed, I was always in the shadow of my older brother. My dreams started to change after I had my first son, I wanted to be a nurse, but I didn't go to college after going back and finishing high school until just recently.

When I was pregnant with my second son, I did a lot of research about home birth and I decided I wanted to become a certified nurse midwife because I'm really interested in women's health, and the home birthing proccess is such a beautiful thing, and for that I need my master's in nursing.

It's going to take a long time, I wish I would have realized what I really wanted to do years ago and acted upon it, but at least I feel like I'm finally finding myself. I've only been in class for two weeks, going into three tomorrow, but I absolutely love it!

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-12):
beachbum74
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I've always wanted to be a youth counselor. My degree is in school counseling but now I work with youth doing counseling so it's close. 

JessiFaye
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I wanted to be an architect. I actually was accepted into a program, but decided to stay closer to home and go to a local university. Instead, I work in education, at the same university I graduated from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN