Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Writing a paper

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
You'd think writing a biology paper about a disease my own daughter has would be fairly easy, right?

Wrong.

It's so complicated when you look at the entire disease as a whole, and not just the small category she falls into.

My brain could explode!
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM

How extensive does the paper need to be?  Could you focus on the category your daughter falls into?

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck

I'm looking for friends who are loyal, intelligent, kind and who love to chat.  If this is you, contact me.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM
It has to be at least 6 pages, 10+ sources. She falls into the most minor category with not much info, so I'm doing the 3 most common subtypes, including hers. And although they're "all the same", there's so many little things that are different. And since it's a biology paper, it has to be more biology specific, genes, germs, etc, and that's the overwhelming part.

Quoting deccaf:

How extensive does the paper need to be?  Could you focus on the category your daughter falls into?

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

OH boy. Sounds like quite a task. Good luck!

Quoting rissarin:

It has to be at least 6 pages, 10+ sources. She falls into the most minor category with not much info, so I'm doing the 3 most common subtypes, including hers. And although they're "all the same", there's so many little things that are different. And since it's a biology paper, it has to be more biology specific, genes, germs, etc, and that's the overwhelming part.

Quoting deccaf:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
LetoLiebe
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

That's  not so terrible. I remember 25 page papers, and yeah, the sourcing is a PITA. 

I love all that kind of stuff you're talking about there though, but you're right, many variables. It's amazing that the same basic materials, on subatomic, atomic then molecular levels moving in to the bigger picture of the living organism as a whole, along with the varying combonation of nucleotides in sequencing, can be put together in so many different ways to create such varying life forms and then so many different sub categories of the different life forms and on and on, and that's only what we see here on our little planet alone. Interesting stuff indeed!

Enjoy your research material, and enjoy the brief rest when it's over:) I'm sure you will organize and manage things well and hand in a good paper.

Quoting rissarin:

Quoting deccaf:

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah I did a paper once on the pituitary gland (blink blink)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Good luck with the research and the writing. I've always found the former to be much easier than the latter.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I'm good with researching and writing, it's the piecing it all together that gets me. I think too hard. ;)

Quoting arthistmom:

Good luck with the research and the writing. I've always found the former to be much easier than the latter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)