Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Interview update - another update - Verdict is IN!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Interviews are over! Turned out to be six 1-1 interviews back-to-back. I think they went very well, and by the time I got to the airport, I had a message that the next step is a reference check & they want a copy of my last pay stub (why pay stub??), so that's good news right??

Of course my flight out was CANCELLED. GRRR. Can't fly out until today now. Fortunately, my prospective company put me up in a hotel for the night.

Problem is, I only took PTO for yesterday from my current job, so now I have to try to take another last minute day off. :(

------
Another Update

Just got a call from one of my references that they did call & he said great things about me :). Shortly after Ithat received an email from my prospective boss - she's calling me later this afternoon to 'talk'. Think that's good???

-------

Verdict is in!

I GOT THE JOB!!!  She said everyone I interviewed with was very happy with me and wanted to hire me.  She said they had other candidates left to interview but are going to terminate interviews because they all want me - and that it's really rare for them all to agree so readily on a candidate.

I get my formal offer letter with more details on benefits, etc. tomorrow or the next day, but my salary will be 9% more than what I make now - which, assuming benefits are comparable, makes for a decent move.  Yeah!!!!

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's GREAT!! Congrats!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I'm getting antsy. ;)
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Thats good. Probably salary talk. Congratz :D
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM

LOL...me too.  She bumped it up 1/2 hour so only 12 more minutes to wait...I promise to update ASAP :)

Quoting rissarin:

I'm getting antsy. ;)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Bump for verdict :)

mickstinator
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

wooaahhh! that's awesome! i knew you would rock it!  :D

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

YAY! Congratulations!!!

emshab
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Yay!!!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
YAY!!!! Congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)