Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Interview update - another update - Verdict is IN!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Interviews are over! Turned out to be six 1-1 interviews back-to-back. I think they went very well, and by the time I got to the airport, I had a message that the next step is a reference check & they want a copy of my last pay stub (why pay stub??), so that's good news right??

Of course my flight out was CANCELLED. GRRR. Can't fly out until today now. Fortunately, my prospective company put me up in a hotel for the night.

Problem is, I only took PTO for yesterday from my current job, so now I have to try to take another last minute day off. :(

------
Another Update

Just got a call from one of my references that they did call & he said great things about me :). Shortly after Ithat received an email from my prospective boss - she's calling me later this afternoon to 'talk'. Think that's good???

-------

Verdict is in!

I GOT THE JOB!!!  She said everyone I interviewed with was very happy with me and wanted to hire me.  She said they had other candidates left to interview but are going to terminate interviews because they all want me - and that it's really rare for them all to agree so readily on a candidate.

I get my formal offer letter with more details on benefits, etc. tomorrow or the next day, but my salary will be 9% more than what I make now - which, assuming benefits are comparable, makes for a decent move.  Yeah!!!!

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Replies (41-42):
Mznaye
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Congrats! Telecommute sounds awesome

Quoting the3Rs:

The official details regarding benefits, start date, etc. is being drafted and I should see it sometime today or tomorrow.

I don't actually have to move as this is a 100% telecommute role (as is my current job) so I work from my home office.  I will need to travel for a week of training on-site, but that's perfectly fine.

Quoting Marz31:

Awesome awesome awesome! Congrats on getting the job!!!! And consider yourself REALLY rare! I know companies that have gut feelings about candidates but still go thru the process with the other interviews which is just a waste of time. when I was up for the job I'm in now (in 2006!) I interviewed at a place that was CONVINCED they wanted someone with an accounting degree, so they didn't hire me. I took this job and three weeks later, I got a call that they "just kept going back to me". too late! 

Very exciting. So how far is the move? When do you start???

ravenseeyore
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Congratulations  :)

way to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN