Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Mom questions!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 18 Replies

What is something you have always wanted to ask wanted to ask your mother but never have?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

How exactly did you meet my dad?

She was 16 when I was born, in Texas (I have my birth certificate). She's from Indiana, my dad was living in Texas but was 23. They would have been 15/22 when I was conceived. Just WEIRD.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I would ask her how she could keep so much of what my biofather did secret for so long?  A lot of stuff I found out about accidentally. 

He told her that if she remarried, her new husband had to adopt us because he didn't want to have to pay child support. (She never married my stepdad)

The abuse, drinking, etc.  The depressions she would get into over their marriage.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

i would love to find out what kind of a relationship she had with her mother. i am incredibly curious, but ever since her mother passed away when i was 10, she refuses to talk about any "bad" parts of their relationship.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Family vacation? 

Quoting smorgan865:

She was 16 when I was born, in Texas (I have my birth certificate). She's from Indiana, my dad was living in Texas but was 23. They would have been 15/22 when I was conceived. Just WEIRD.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM

My mom never talked about bad parts about her relationships with either parent.  And they passed only 7 and 8 years ago. 

Quoting mickstinator:

i would love to find out what kind of a relationship she had with her mother. i am incredibly curious, but ever since her mother passed away when i was 10, she refuses to talk about any "bad" parts of their relationship.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I don't know a lot about her childhood in general. I know for a fact that she has lied about a few details to give a better image/example of how to handle certain situations. All four of her siblings and she moved out and far away from home at 17 or 18. I know her parents separated for a year while she was in high school, too. I wish SOMEONE would talk!

Quoting deccaf:

My mom never talked about bad parts about her relationships with either parent.  And they passed only 7 and 8 years ago. 

Quoting mickstinator:

smorgan865
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Ahhh didn't think of that. Not sure why they'd be in Houston...but could have been anything I guess!

Quoting deccaf:

Family vacation? 

Quoting smorgan865:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I would like to know the exact relationship she had with my grandfather, an alcoholic. She indirectly at times implies he was a not so nice guy. But we just don't talk about things like that in our family.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I would ask why she lied about so many things....
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I know my grandpa was an alcoholic.  I would love to know the rationale behind keeping her emotions hidden about this while we were struggling with an alcoholic father.

Quoting Marti123:

I would like to know the exact relationship she had with my grandfather, an alcoholic. She indirectly at times implies he was a not so nice guy. But we just don't talk about things like that in our family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)