Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess I made the wrong choice...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
As you know, I was out of town for my marathon interviews, & I couldn't sleep at all the night before. Then followed a cancelled flight, which led to an extra night away sleeping at a hotel with an apparently CONCRETE mattress, and a long travel day the next day.

As soon as I got home I got the call with the job offer which was exciting, but I was still exhausted.

So...I opted to not immediately leave the house & drive out of town to watch my son's cross country meet. DH & my other kids did attend. This morning my son told me he was upset that I didn't come. Guess I made the wrong choice.

:(
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM
awwww;(((. if it makes you feel better I havent made it to out of town meets either because the start at 3:30 and I work till 5.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Well, you know......I know the kids are disappointed when we don't make it to watch their events. They don't understand now, but when they have their own jobs and kids and aches and pains, they will understand then. You just can't make it to everything, especially the out of town events. And I'm sure you attend what you can, it's not like you go to NOTHING. I'm sorry he's disappointed. It hurts me when the kids say things like that to me.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
It hurts when we let our kids down, but you still need to take care of yourself. And you needed some rest.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Sometimes we can't do it all.
Saydar
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

We can't be everything to our kids all the time. I understand your son's disappointment but even mom can't be everywhere all the time with unlimited energy.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
deccaf
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Aw, Hopefully, he will come around and realize you were EXHAUSTED!

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM
That stinks! But sometimes disappointment is good. As long as he handled it well and you can be at another k e to show your support I'm sure he won't remember the one you missed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)