Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When's the last time you got a raise?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you get a yearly raise?  Or is it just random? Or did you have to ask for your last raise?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I got a raise when I moved to my current post a couple years ago but when the latest security company took over they dropped everyones pay so I lost $2.25/hour :(

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM

annual here, starting 7/1. I never get the full raise, our HR doesn't accept that all employees could possibly be excellent performers, so those of us who do our jobs well but don't kiss butt end up with the 3 rating (out of 4) and get 3/4 the max raise. YAY for a lousy review system. 

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
This semester. But I'm supposed to get another next semester to accompany my promotion and title change. It's not much but it's something.
mickstinator
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

February 2012 when I was promoted to my current position. I will be asking for a raise in December at my annual review.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

At my current company we get yearly raises based on performance.  I'll let you know when I find out how my soon-to-be-new employer handles it.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I got a raise at the end of last year. There won't be any raises this year.
flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Last week we got ours. We get a yearly raise. It's usually only 1-2% though. It worked out that I bring home an extra $18 a pay period (2weeks)
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM

In May at my annual review. My boss said at that time that he wants to "agressively" raise my salary and we would re-examine it in the fall, so I'm going to wait for a while (few more weeks??) and then if nothing has happened, figure out how to nicely remind him about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)