Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of bread do you eat?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 24 Replies

Do you buy bread at the store? A local bakery? Do you make your own?
Whole wheat? 9 Grain? White? Sourdough? All of the above?

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

We typically get whole wheat but sometimes we'll get white. Our local grocery store also makes these wonderful hard rolls that I like to buy on occasion.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I know I should make my own bread, but I just am not usually up for the time commitment. I have a bread machine but haven't found a recipe I like for whole wheat bread.

I usually buy Sara Lee or Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread. However, when we are in Kansas City, I stock up on various breads from my favorite bakery at the City Market.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

usually buy, 100% whole wheat normally. there used to be a 100% whole wheat light that I loved, but I haven't found it anywhere in a long time :(  I know I can cut a slice in half for a similar effect, but it's the whole two actual slices that is psychological, ya know? I have a breadmaker and make some at home once in a while, I'll probably get back into that being fall/winter and wanting to have comfort foods.....there's a yummy bread recipe I have called spaghetti bread, it goes with pasta, has parmesan in it, SOOO yummy!

mickstinator
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM

whole wheat multi grain. think we usually buy thomas.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I usually buy potato bread because I don't eat bread very often and I'm the only one that will eat whole grain.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM
We try to minimize bread consumption for DZh and I; I do make it sometimes, but I do buy the light whole wheat sandwich bread though.

I love love "farmer's to market bread" I am assuming that is the KC bread you are referring to, but it's a treat, lol, because I'll eat it all!!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I buy it from Bloom Baking there at the City Market by the river. I am also a big fan of their spinach and feta empanadas and DH likes the walnut danishes. Their cakes are to die for! Now I need a road trip :)

Quoting Marti123:

We try to minimize bread consumption for DZh and I; I do make it sometimes, but I do buy the light whole wheat sandwich bread though.

I love love "farmer's to market bread" I am assuming that is the KC bread you are referring to, but it's a treat, lol, because I'll eat it all!!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I've only been there once.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

I buy it from Bloom Baking there at the City Market by the river. I am also a big fan of their spinach and feta empanadas and DH likes the walnut danishes. Their cakes are to die for! Now I need a road trip :)

Quoting Marti123:

slgilliam
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I usually but whole wheat but I do like to get bread from Panera from time to time. I get their sourdough, cinnamon raisin, jalapeno, cheese or some other kind of specialty bread.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM
We buy whole wheat or whole grain, or whatever along those lines. We never buy white.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)