Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

hours and pay cut after maternity leave

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I'll make this short....

About a month after I came back from Maternity leave I was demoted. Yes, I"ll admit I was slacking a little in my work and I wasn't back up to par yet....

But I've never had a write up and she doesn't have any documentation of any mistakes I had made.  It's been aout 3 months since I was demoted. I've also had my hours cut and I've been here the longest, I'm always on time, I get my job done, and I'm honest. My boss always says she can trust me and count on me to be honest.....

Is there anyway I can fight this pay and hour cut? Since she doesn't have any documentation of any bad behavior on my part...?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malibucj
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM

You said yourself that you were slacking.

Elle.tea.22
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she found someone who does your job better? Not because you were out on maternity leave but just being out in general gave someone else a chance to shine and do the job better than you ever did it.
WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Yeah, I was...but she still doesn't have any documentation. There's no proof.

Quoting malibucj:

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Maybe she found someone who does your job better? Not because you were out on maternity leave but just being out in general gave someone else a chance to shine and do the job better than you ever did it.

Nope. My position hasn't been filled.

Elle.tea.22
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM
What is your job?

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Yeah, I was...but she still doesn't have any documentation. There's no proof.

Quoting malibucj:

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I was the Front Desk Supervisor at a small hotel. There's 64 rooms. I'm responsible for taking care of the guests and helping the General Manager in the office. I've been back on track for the last couple of months and I want my position back. My manager knows I'm the best one here for that job. Also, my responsibilities are the same...the only thing that changed is that I'm no longer ni charge when she's not here. Like when she has busniess events out of town.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:52 AM
alot of times when someone takes a leave and orhers are picking up the absent staff members work things are brought to light about that staff's performance. also the manager sometimes sees that redistributing work tasks can be more efficient and fewer man hours are needed to accomplish the same or greater rate of productivity. Are you contributing to the productivity and vitality of the team you are on or are you marking time everyday? you have three choices , but you should accomplish number 1 no matter what. One- polish your resume. Two- approach your boss and be proactive. hey I admit Ive not been at the top of my game but I want this jib and want to improve and want help to do so Three-wait it out to get fired and collect Unemployment
RonaH
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I would talk to her about how you are back in your groove and feel like maybe she could give you a trial run back in your old postion. Set a timeline to be reviewed so she can see your serious. Cant hurt to ask. You could go the legal route but lets face it winning would be questionable and you will make your work life even more tenuous. Good luck! :)
WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Thanks! That's a good idea.

Quoting RonaH:

I would talk to her about how you are back in your groove and feel like maybe she could give you a trial run back in your old postion. Set a timeline to be reviewed so she can see your serious. Cant hurt to ask. You could go the legal route but lets face it winning would be questionable and you will make your work life even more tenuous. Good luck! :)

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I've done #1. I'm nervous to approach her. I know she values my assests, but she's hard to read and I'm not sure she's always honest when I'm talking to her. I've been contributing in everyway I can. I've even tried sucking up. By having her coffee ready and all her paperwork on her desk when she gets here. I don't feel like it's making a big difference. But maybe the little things will add up and help me out. Thank you.

Quoting calsmom62:

alot of times when someone takes a leave and orhers are picking up the absent staff members work things are brought to light about that staff's performance. also the manager sometimes sees that redistributing work tasks can be more efficient and fewer man hours are needed to accomplish the same or greater rate of productivity. Are you contributing to the productivity and vitality of the team you are on or are you marking time everyday? you have three choices , but you should accomplish number 1 no matter what. One- polish your resume. Two- approach your boss and be proactive. hey I admit Ive not been at the top of my game but I want this jib and want to improve and want help to do so Three-wait it out to get fired and collect Unemployment

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)