Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

boss issues

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
I've worked for my boss for over six years, i love my job, love the customers and the people i work with. Well now all of a sudden he wants to follow strictly by the rules of the city. One minute he's our friend the next minute he's trying to be a manger a micro manager. For example, I've never had to just inform him my Childs school called and i need to pick her up we have always tried to let someone in the office know and there ware no problems. This happened to me last week, first email i get is how sorry he was to hear my child was sick! He knows my children and what one was sick, then he goes into how it is policy to get in touch with him. Ok... My response was i had no idea this is what was requested now and basically no problem, email back, it had always been city policy and if he chooses it is grounds for termination!!! I simply let him know i felt threatened and it felt like a that he simply said no he was just staying facts. He did this on a regular... Changes rules. Suggestions, advice?
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM
if its a recent change in style his superiors may be starting to apply pressure on him. whether its productivity or labor hours /costs. if he is being a micro manager to just you or a couple of other workers then he might be trying to make you uncomfortable enough to leave
mommyinthe303
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:32 PM
That is possibly correct but honestly like i said he's or friend one minute the next a bully. Its very uncomfortable. It is grounds fir maybe a hr talk.

Quoting calsmom62:

if its a recent change in style his superiors may be starting to apply pressure on him. whether its productivity or labor hours /costs. if he is being a micro manager to just you or a couple of other workers then he might be trying to make you uncomfortable enough to leave

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
when you go to HR be detailed with specific examples of his behavior. good luck.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

That is possibly correct but honestly like i said he's or friend one minute the next a bully. Its very uncomfortable. It is grounds fir maybe a hr talk.

Quoting calsmom62:

mommyinthe303
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Well and like i said one minute we are friends the next its we are not. Wet are also told do not talk about personal things, but then he comes out taking and asking about our personal lives

Quoting calsmom62:

when you go to HR be detailed with specific examples of his behavior. good luck.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting calsmom62:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM
At work my boss is my boss and that's it. I keep my personal information to a minimum to avoid conflict. Try to remind yourself when you guys talk that he's your boss and not your friend.
mommyinthe303
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I've done that and he continues to try to ask about my life and I am very short with him

Quoting cjsmom1:

At work my boss is my boss and that's it. I keep my personal information to a minimum to avoid conflict. Try to remind yourself when you guys talk that he's your boss and not your friend.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommyinthe303:

I've done that and he continues to try to ask about my life and I am very short with him

Quoting cjsmom1:

At that point I would inform him that his insistence was making me uncomfortable, and that I was following the de facto company policy- no personal info at work.  If he continues to push I myself would take it up with HR.  I have shared more than is common with my immediate supervisors because of our unique situation, if I get a call saying DH is heading for the hospital I am gone for the day, period, because of his medical issues.  I still won't share any more than is necessary, and I would not share the info if a supervisor or manager asked- it is none of their business and rarely affects my work.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN