Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

New addition

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
Husband, with a lifelong fear of dogs, has decided that he wants to get a dog.

We went to the shelter yesterday and put in a application for a mix breed that looks a bit lab/Shephard mix. She is red with brown eyes and is called Cassandra. She weighs about 40 lb so far.

He really wanted a Germany Shephard, but that particular breed is not allowed in our building.

I'm apprehensive, but he is all ready to jump in. The kids are thrilled, so I guess we are getting a dog.

To go along with our 2 elderly diabetic, insulin dependent cats and our 3 snakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I imagine that it will be you that will be caring for everything. do you have a large yard or park nearby because the dog will need lots of exercise
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Enjoy! That is a lot of pets to care for.
christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
We have several courtyards around our building to accommodate dogs.

Quoting calsmom62:

I imagine that it will be you that will be caring for everything. do you have a large yard or park nearby because the dog will need lots of exercise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM
thats great ! it will be easier than driving to a dog park a couple of times a day. .

Quoting christaberk:

We have several courtyards around our building to accommodate dogs.

Quoting calsmom62:

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM

How old is she?  We have a one year old lab shepherd, and he is very energetic.  Great with the kids, he currently weighs about ninety pounds.  Is she house trained yet?  

Lab shepherds tend to be very energetic, and like both parent breeds are typically good with kids.  Ours is a bit of a handful to train, but he is getting better.  He is a very affectionate dog; he still thinks he is a lap dog though, which causes a problem when he tries to climb onto my lap O.o

This is him at the beginning of the summer.  He has gotten a bit taller since this pic was taken.  

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM

good luck!

christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 4:35 AM
The shelter says she is about a year. She isn't bitey like a puppy, and she is approx 40 lb.

No word on house trained yet.

Quoting preacherskid:

How old is she?  We have a one year old lab shepherd, and he is very energetic.  Great with the kids, he currently weighs about ninety pounds.  Is she house trained yet?  

Lab shepherds tend to be very energetic, and like both parent breeds are typically good with kids.  Ours is a bit of a handful to train, but he is getting better.  He is a very affectionate dog; he still thinks he is a lap dog though, which causes a problem when he tries to climb onto my lap O.o

This is him at the beginning of the summer.  He has gotten a bit taller since this pic was taken.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Yay! A house full of "family". :)
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Yay! We've been talking about getting DS a boxer but we currently a 12 yo pug but DH wants to wait until after the pug is gone. I keep telling DH that his luck my pug will live until he's 20 just to annoy DH lol.

sonnyswoman75
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)