Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How was your weekend

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 27 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mine definitely could have gone better. Saturday dh disappeared to his friend's house again so I took ds to my in-law's. We ended up going to the park and then it to eat at a really good Mexican restaurant. I ordered chicken fajitas and found several mushrooms mixed in with the veggies. My mil called the waiter over and he said that they don't typically put them in there. I had to ask for a new plate (which I hate doing) because I'm really allergic to mushrooms. I figured I was okay since I hadn't eaten one but I found out a half hour later I wasn't so lucky. On the way home I could feel my sinuses swelling and the roof of my mouth starting to feel weird. I took a couple benadryl after we got back but they didn't help and I was soon coughing and my chest started getting tight. My mil ended up driving me to urgent care and I ended up getting 3 shots; benadryl, a steroid and epinephrine. I also ended up with 4 prescriptions; zyrtec, higher dose benadryl, steroids and 2 epi-pens (one for me to keep and the other to stay at my in-law's just in case) I was definitely run down by the time we got back so my mil suggested they keep ds overnight so I could get some rest.
Sunday was much better. Dh and I took ds to get his costume. He's going to be a pirate. Then my mil came over and helped me clean a bit. My house is now spotless and the dishes and laundry is completely done... at least for the time being lol
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM
God bless your mil. glad you are doing better.
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Glad you're doing better.

My weekend was great. I got 3 naps in.

Yes. I am still amazed.
kellysp6637
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Glad you are feeling better.

LOOOOVE your son's costume...he's adorable!

My weekend has been straight out.  Saturday soccer practice and a game.  A birthday party for one of her friends, then her own birthday party at an amusement park followed by a sleepover with her friends at my house. 

Sunday:  Entertaining the girls until parent pick up, then the Annual Neighborhood Pumpkin Carving contest party until 8 pm.....came home and crashed into bed.....

Monday, letting my dd sleep in before she is going to do a beach ride on the beach with her horsetrainer and some of the other girls from the stable.....

I plan on catching up with laundry and grocery shopping today.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Wow.  That's scary!  Glad you were able to get to urgent care and get the right meds!

Your DS looks ADORABLE in his pirate costume!!!!

My weekend was OK.  Had my oldest son's cross country meet Saturday morning...went to see Gravity with DH Saturday night...we all went to the pumpkin patch Sunday morning...Packer game Sunday afternoon.  All in all a good weekend :)

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I was definitely blessed with my in-laws. They're there when we need anything which is so nice.

Quoting calsmom62:

God bless your mil. glad you are doing better.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I love naps lol. They're wonderful :D

Quoting LyTe684:

Glad you're doing better.

My weekend was great. I got 3 naps in.

Yes. I am still amazed.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Wow busy weekend! Hope you get a chance to slow down today :)

Quoting kellysp6637:

Glad you are feeling better.

LOOOOVE your son's costume...he's adorable!

My weekend has been straight out.  Saturday soccer practice and a game.  A birthday party for one of her friends, then her own birthday party at an amusement park followed by a sleepover with her friends at my house. 

Sunday:  Entertaining the girls until parent pick up, then the Annual Neighborhood Pumpkin Carving contest party until 8 pm.....came home and crashed into bed.....

Monday, letting my dd sleep in before she is going to do a beach ride on the beach with her horsetrainer and some of the other girls from the stable.....

I plan on catching up with laundry and grocery shopping today.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I heard Gravity was pretty good. I wouldn't mind going to see it but I guess we'll see what happens :)

I need to find out when the local pumpkin patch starts so we can take DS. We've taken him every year so far and I love watching him walk through trying to find the right one. Last year he spent more time pulling around the wagon lol. He also had a blast having my fil pull him around :)

Quoting the3Rs:

Wow.  That's scary!  Glad you were able to get to urgent care and get the right meds!

Your DS looks ADORABLE in his pirate costume!!!!

My weekend was OK.  Had my oldest son's cross country meet Saturday morning...went to see Gravity with DH Saturday night...we all went to the pumpkin patch Sunday morning...Packer game Sunday afternoon.  All in all a good weekend :)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad you're ok.

Your son is adorable in his costume!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM
My weekend was pretty good. Saturday morning ds had a football game, he played really well. Then we relaxed and did some food shopping. My ex and his friend looked at my car and said I need a new starter so I'm hoping they can get it this week.
Yesterday I started to clean my house (it's disgusting). It took two hours to fully clean ds's room (cleaned out his drawers and everything). I started cleaning thr bathroom and the window closed on my hand, it's still a little swollen. So ds cleaned the tub because my hand was so swollen and I was in so much pain. Ds then cooked the stuffing for dinner. He was so proud of himself because it was his first time cooking something himself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)