Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Nope, I won't participate!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 16 Replies

Work is doing a biometric screening.  Fasting until your scheduled time.  I was gone Friday, was not told my time, which I wouldn't do anyway since I'm not on their insurance.  My appointment would have bee between 10:45 and 11 am.  I am nearly at lunch by that time!!!  I wouldn't have been able to skip 2 meals without getting a headache!

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AppleTechMom
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Why are they doing biometric screenings? If your work is doing it then it you should have to pay a thing whether or not you're on their insurance or not. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM

They do biometric to keep our health insurance rates down.  I don't care about paying anything, it's free.  I care about my personal health information getting into hands that have no business with it (sorry, HR really doesn't need to know anything about my health since I am not taking time for any illnesses, and I am not on the insurance plan).

Quoting AppleTechMom:

Why are they doing biometric screenings? If your work is doing it then it you should have to pay a thing whether or not you're on their insurance or not. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We did ours earlier this year and they were running way behind and I did the fasting one- it was ROUGH!

mickstinator
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I just don't know how they expect you to be able to do those things, especially when they get super picky and tell you to even avoid gum. Glad you didn't have to starve yourself out! 

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM

They do that at my husband's company, but in this case, if he participated this year, his health insurance is free, because if they get so many "wellness points" they don't have any premium, but if they don't get all those points, they have to pay like $20 a month, it's not much, but it's more than some people want to pay. I'm not on his insurance and my company hasn't done anything like that yet, I don't see that happening until the current managers are long gone. I don't necessarily see it as a horrible thing, but if the company is going to use it AGAINST you, then yeah, not good. Insurance should know from claims how the company is in general and should be able to provide a general report that the company could then go from on trying to improve the health if employees. but yeah, I'd be in a world of hurt if I had to wait that long to eat. I once scheduled a fasting appointment for like 2pm, what a dope I am!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Wow. I've never had a company do that. Just because employes are one way, what about their dependents? I agree the claims should tell them what they need to know.
AppleTechMom
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I wish mine was $20 per month. I pay about 150 for medical and dental every two weeks. 

Quoting Marz31:

They do that at my husband's company, but in this case, if he participated this year, his health insurance is free, because if they get so many "wellness points" they don't have any premium, but if they don't get all those points, they have to pay like $20 a month, it's not much, but it's more than some people want to pay. I'm not on his insurance and my company hasn't done anything like that yet, I don't see that happening until the current managers are long gone. I don't necessarily see it as a horrible thing, but if the company is going to use it AGAINST you, then yeah, not good. Insurance should know from claims how the company is in general and should be able to provide a general report that the company could then go from on trying to improve the health if employees. but yeah, I'd be in a world of hurt if I had to wait that long to eat. I once scheduled a fasting appointment for like 2pm, what a dope I am!

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:46 PM

It's a high deductible plan, so he has to pay out $500 before anything is covered (except well visits which are covered 100% now) and then his portion is kind of random. he's been to the doctor a LOT This year :( I pay $180 for DD and myself per month, we have $20 copays for most visits and then a portion after that, so his plan can easily be better, just depends on the service. And my company REALLY has a great plan, I'm well aware.

Quoting AppleTechMom:

I wish mine was $20 per month. I pay about 150 for medical and dental every two weeks. 

Quoting Marz31:

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I've never heard of such a thing.  There's no way I'd be participating whether I'm on their insurance or not.

AppleTechMom
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Mine is extremely good too. Deductible is only $300. My husband's is $900. Its a 90/10 split. $20 copay for visits and $5 prescriptions on mine. They are a little more onmy husband and only an 80/20 split. 

Quoting Marz31:

It's a high deductible plan, so he has to pay out $500 before anything is covered (except well visits which are covered 100% now) and then his portion is kind of random. he's been to the doctor a LOT This year :( I pay $180 for DD and myself per month, we have $20 copays for most visits and then a portion after that, so his plan can easily be better, just depends on the service. And my company REALLY has a great plan, I'm well aware.

Quoting AppleTechMom:

Quoting Marz31:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)