Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new best friend

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is apparently my crock pot. I just realized last night that I am using it every day this week! Shredded beef sandwiches last night, chicken tacos tonight, roast on Thursday. Tomorrow I am using it to prep the butternut squash for the soup I'm making on Friday. Whew! I don't think I've ever used it that much.

What's your favorite crock pot meal?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Man, I want to eat at your house.

I love making creamy chicken and dumplings, although I haven't for awhile. I'm about due I think.
mickstinator
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

nice! we make a ham soup in the slow cooker almost every week. that's our favorite meal. 

carrots, celery, baby corn, great northern beans, black beans, ham, bacon, and several different spices. it's easy, full of veggies, and makes great leftovers. nomnom!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I've been using mine a lot again. Last week I made BBQ pulled pork, pot roast and crock pot pizza.

Today I'm making pork roast with it.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I haven't used mine in ages. Although, i think my favorite is just good ol' pot roast. Much to my DH's dismay, I am trying to cut down our red meat consumption.

We are fattening up from me just being home and baking more, not good, not good.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I really wish I had time in the morning to get the crock pot going, because I just found this amazing looking pot roast recipe!!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM

For ease?  Salsa Chicken.  Throw it in, let it cook.  For flavor?  Chili!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I found an easy way to do it.  I put the crock pot on the counter at night, so I remember what I have planned.  Then I prep anything that needs prep.  Brown the meat, cut the veggies, open cans and place in plasticware.  In the morning, I dump it all in, leave dishes in the sink if I don't have the time to wash them, and turn it on.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I really wish I had time in the morning to get the crock pot going, because I just found this amazing looking pot roast recipe!!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Maybe I can get DD to do it before she goes to school. I leave for work at 5:30, so by the time it's dinner time, my crock pot as charred everything.

Quoting deccaf:

I found an easy way to do it.  I put the crock pot on the counter at night, so I remember what I have planned.  Then I prep anything that needs prep.  Brown the meat, cut the veggies, open cans and place in plasticware.  In the morning, I dump it all in, leave dishes in the sink if I don't have the time to wash them, and turn it on.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

OMG, I let my dearest husband make a salsa chicken recipe and he put in like a 1/3 cup of salsa as apparently the recipe called for....when I got home, it was dry as a bone. DUDE, you can't put in too much salsa!!! especially when it's like 10 hours in the pot. I just laughed, he is SO literal sometimes. He measures water to boil pasta, but adds extra flour to his chocolate chip cookies. I've told him time and time again, OTHER WAY AROUND DUDE, baking is science! 

Anywho, I make a hodge-podge beef stew a lot (need to make one soon) and I thought I loved chicken and dumplings in the crock pot, but then I found a recipe that's even easier in the oven and doesn't use store-bought biscuits (I'm sure I could make the dumplings myself for the crock pot recipe, but I haven't). We have a good chicken parm recipe tho, so yum! Really need to get all the stuff so I can make a CP meal or two each week for a while, so I Can get other things done when I get home instead!

liltigersmom
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Chicken quesdillas
Boneless/skinless chicken
Can of enchilda sauce
Taco seasoning
Green chilies
Other seasonings

Cook on low for 4-5 hours
Take out to cut up, put it back in.
Meanwhile sautee onions and peppers
shred the cheese.
Coat a little frying pan with oil just to coat it, I use spray butter.
Place tortilla in pan.
On one side I put the chicken and veggies.
on the other I put cheese, I let the cheese melt than flip it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)