If you've been following my job search saga, you know that after 11 interviews, 5 work samples and 1 presentation I was offered the job.
The offer came with a 9% salary hike, but there were issues with the benefits - specifically the eligiblity date, a little bit high premiums & copays & no ortho, and much less vacation time.
I then brought my concerns to them yesterday - and they called me back today. The verdict:
- The insurance eligibility date can NOT be moved, but they will pay 65% of my COBRA
- They moved my start date up so that I only have to pay 2 months instead of 3 for COBRA
- They actually do have ortho with another plan
- They increased my salary to equate to a 13% hike
- They added one more week (to total 3 weeks) of vacation
So ladies - I'm TAKING THE JOB!!
It's Official! As of about an hour ago, I signed and delivered my offer and gave my 2 weeks to my current employer. Aaahhh!!! So nervous but so excited!