Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Nervous and I shouldn't be *update*

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 17 Replies
As many of you know I work one on one with adults with intellectual disabilities. Tomorrow morning my supervisor will coming with someone from the state for our licensing. I'm so worried they'll find something I missed cleaning or that I'll answer one of their questions incorrectly. I get so nervous with stuff like this.
It seemed to go ok. I forgot to lock up the detergent, but I'm hoping we don't get cited for it. My client handled it really well so I'm happy.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

oh man, take deep breaths - you've got this :-)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I hope so. I'm going to wake up at 6 to make sure everything looks good.

Quoting leahbeah143:

oh man, take deep breaths - you've got this :-)

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Relax. Be yourself. State inspections must be nerve wracking but in the end both the state and you the caregiver want what is. best for your individuals.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll be fine. Don't worry!
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I get it. I was a great teacher but whenever the principal walked in my nerves got the best of me.

Deep breaths, preparation, visualizing how great it will go will all help. You'll do great!
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

State visits always make everyone at the nursing home tense.  Never any problems.  You will be fine :)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I'm hoping my client does ok. She doesn't like people in her house or people talking to her.

Quoting calsmom62:

Relax. Be yourself. State inspections must be nerve wracking but in the end both the state and you the caregiver want what is. best for your individuals.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
hopefully they will be sensitive to her concerns and not get her too stressed out

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm hoping my client does ok. She doesn't like people in her house or people talking to her.

Quoting calsmom62:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM
We were trying to bring another staff in so the.client would be out with them. However, one staff got fired last week and the other person is working at her other job.

Quoting calsmom62:

hopefully they will be sensitive to her concerns and not get her too stressed out

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting calsmom62:

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
that is too bad . so she doesnt have a day program ?

Quoting cjsmom1:

We were trying to bring another staff in so the.client would be out with them. However, one staff got fired last week and the other person is working at her other job.

Quoting calsmom62:

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting calsmom62:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)