Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Finally Friday!

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 19 Replies

What's on tap for the weekend, ladies? Big plans?

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM

DH's parents are coming down this afternoon. My parents are coming out tomorrow. SS's football game tomorrow night is 30 minutes away so they are all coming to watch him play.

DS has a birthday party tonight. It's a sleepover so I"m pretty sure he'll be tired and crabby and whiny tomorrow.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Not a clue. My mil had surgery on her foot yesterday and it was also DH's birthday. We'll probably try to do something for that. Other than that I have no idea. I guess it depends on if DH decides to stay home or go to his buddy's house.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM

A relaxing weekend is in store over here!!  I have no required plans.  CAN'T. WAIT.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

no real plans at all, SO Nice! Seahawks played last night and don't play again until Monday the 28th, so I even get a break from that! LOL We need to do some major cleaning and we may do some fun stuff, but DD has all her new birthday gifts to play with, so hopefully that will occupy her while DH And I clean and purge.

drsdolphin
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I was supposed to have the whole weekend off. But my co-worker had something she wanted to do Saturday. So I traded and got today off instead. Which works out because I end up working with my favorite healthcare provider tommorrow at the urgent care. Sunday is church then we are going to take our son afterward to the pumpkin patch, do the hayride and get some fresh apple donuts and cider. We will probably do the cornmaze also.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Purge? I think I'm the only one in my house who knows how to do that. lol

Quoting Marz31:

no real plans at all, SO Nice! Seahawks played last night and don't play again until Monday the 28th, so I even get a break from that! LOL We need to do some major cleaning and we may do some fun stuff, but DD has all her new birthday gifts to play with, so hopefully that will occupy her while DH And I clean and purge.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

MMM.....apple donuts sound yummy!

Quoting drsdolphin:

I was supposed to have the whole weekend off. But my co-worker had something she wanted to do Saturday. So I traded and got today off instead. Which works out because I end up working with my favorite healthcare provider tommorrow at the urgent care. Sunday is church then we are going to take our son afterward to the pumpkin patch, do the hayride and get some fresh apple donuts and cider. We will probably do the cornmaze also.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM

ME TOO! I swear, I tell DH we don't need to keep something and it stays in the house for another year. I sold 4 things on our local for-sale board on FB last month, I'd love to sell that many a week, just casually. but yeah, we REALLY need to purge DD's toys because there are TONS she hasn't played with in a year, it's just time to let them go. 1200sqft is only so much, bringing so much more in than we take out is a HUGE problem! We have the recliner/rocker/glider that I used in DD's room when she was a baby. the glider part means it takes up a LOT of space, so I really just want to get rid of it, get something a little more stationary for the place it is, but he has no interest. Dude, it's HUGE! and I want to get rid of our ottoman, except that we like putting the Christmas tree on it (it's huge too and great for blanket storage, but I Can find a new home for those things!) but it just takes up all the floor space in the living room and really doesn't get used for feet. I'd compromise with a smaller one but DD needs room to play since that's really the only room she has (her room is small, and currently so cluttered I Can't even go in there!) but yeah, getting rid of HALF of what we have would be my dream :) including in my closet and my shoes, I'll part with them if it means I can be happy!

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting Marz31:

drsdolphin
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

They are really good but no matter which time of day you go the line is so long for them. My husband always has to buy a couple dozen to bring home with us.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Do you live at my house? I swear, DH and I have that conversation all the time too. We need to get rid of at least a third of everything.

Quoting Marz31:

ME TOO! I swear, I tell DH we don't need to keep something and it stays in the house for another year. I sold 4 things on our local for-sale board on FB last month, I'd love to sell that many a week, just casually. but yeah, we REALLY need to purge DD's toys because there are TONS she hasn't played with in a year, it's just time to let them go. 1200sqft is only so much, bringing so much more in than we take out is a HUGE problem! We have the recliner/rocker/glider that I used in DD's room when she was a baby. the glider part means it takes up a LOT of space, so I really just want to get rid of it, get something a little more stationary for the place it is, but he has no interest. Dude, it's HUGE! and I want to get rid of our ottoman, except that we like putting the Christmas tree on it (it's huge too and great for blanket storage, but I Can find a new home for those things!) but it just takes up all the floor space in the living room and really doesn't get used for feet. I'd compromise with a smaller one but DD needs room to play since that's really the only room she has (her room is small, and currently so cluttered I Can't even go in there!) but yeah, getting rid of HALF of what we have would be my dream :) including in my closet and my shoes, I'll part with them if it means I can be happy!

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting Marz31:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN