Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Delta Management

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello! I currently work full time at Dunkin' Donuts. However, I do have a 4 year BA degree in Sociology so I'm trying to get something with that. I recently have started the process to get an interview at Delta Management in Bedford. Has anyone heard of them or worked for them? Can you tell me anything? What I do know is they are a collections agency. If I can get in, then I could be making $10/hr plus any bonuses I might get. This would be better paychecks and a change of scenery. Those with experience in collections can you tell me anything good about doing this kind of work? I know I hate when I get phone calls from these kinds of people lol

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Sorry, no help here, but this will love it to the top.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Bump. I have heard you must meet a certain quota every week.

quickbooksworm
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never work for a collections agency.  You usually have certain quotas to meet every week and they will fire you immediately if you don't meet them, forget bonuses because you'll never get them.  I had a friend who was in charge of a collections call center and he was miserable the entire time he worked there. 

Crissy2424
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I was hoping for good news lol

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM
making money off the misfortunes of others seems a job I could not do. especially when the original creditor has written it off. sold it for pennies on the dollar to others who then try to collect a tremendously inflated amount over even the original owed.
Crissy2424
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM

We all have student loans. It's money borrowed we need to pay back. The only thing I don't agree with is, like you said, the inflated amount.

Quoting calsmom62:

making money off the misfortunes of others seems a job I could not do. especially when the original creditor has written it off. sold it for pennies on the dollar to others who then try to collect a tremendously inflated amount over even the original owed.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I agree legitimate debt owed should be repaid. I do think that the methids employed by the purchasers of discounted debt are dubious.

Quoting Crissy2424:We all have student loans. It's money borrowed we need to pay back. The only thing I don't agree with is, like you said, the inflated amount.
Quoting calsmom62:making money off the misfortunes of others seems a job I could not do. especially when the original creditor has written it off. sold it for pennies on the dollar to others who then try to collect a tremendously inflated amount over even the original owed.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I know people who have tried to work for collections agencies, and none of them lasted long. It's stressful

Crissy2424
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I didn't get asked for an interview so now I'm back on the road to searching for a better job.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM
My DH managed collection agents at Chrysler Financial prior to their bankruptcy. It is a very hard job, you have to emotionally really disengage from people. You are hated literally all day long by people, and have to make hundreds of phone calls. You have to be very aggressive in calling family, employers, friends essentially ruining/bothering people's lives so much that they choose to give you money they owe when they have very little to give. You hear lies and heartbreaking stories and have to just get up and do it all again tomorrow.

I do not think I could do it, but some people do well, but it's not a job for anyone who empathizes easily.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN