Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Frustrated with DD

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 4 Replies

DD is on the high school swim team, and she was supposed to have a swim thing this morning. The local public pools are in trouble and they are shooting a commercial to raise awareness. Anyone who uses the pools was invited to come be a part of the commercial.

I asked DD at dinner if all of her team stuff was clean - swim suit, sweatshirt, and sweats. She said yes. Well she comes busting into my room at 10:30 last night saying she can't find her bathing suit. Ok... first of all, what do you want me to do about it? Second of all how the heck do you lose something you wear once a week? She just had a meet on Thursday and thinks she might have left her suit at the pool. GREAT. $70 down the drain if she lost it.

She wanted to go to Game Stop to trade in some of her wii games because she wants a 3DS, but that's not going to happen.

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

If it makes you feel any better, my son kept his phone in his pocket and it went through the washing machine.  This is after he dunked his LAST phone in a glass of water.

Yeah.

Fortunately, they're not smartphones, but still.  Ugh.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Oh dear!

Quoting the3Rs:

If it makes you feel any better, my son kept his phone in his pocket and it went through the washing machine.  This is after he dunked his LAST phone in a glass of water.

Yeah.

Fortunately, they're not smartphones, but still.  Ugh.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I can see how that would be frustrating. And an added expense, ugh!!

My ODS is already showing tendencies to behaviors like that. Like "really you just left your bike helmet.........somewhere? No idea where?"
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM
That is really frustrating. She's old enough to understand the value of the things she has.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN