Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Loosing job not sure what to do!

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am getting laid off from my job of 10 years, worked full time up until maturity leave then came back part time then company is closing. I understand the company decision but personally feeling soo distraught. Not sure what to look for and feeling guilty about looking for work that may be full time but need the money and also my wonderfull mother has been watching lo 3days a week but cannot more(helps elderly gma on the days not watching lo) but we need money and starting posissions earn less which means I would need to work more hours. Not sure what I am asking just needed to say, hope all works out, hate stress and already have high bp but want to provide and still be there for lo. :(

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Praying for you, mama. :-(

Hang in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I hope you find something that fits with your needs. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I am so sorry. Focus on what you can control, start job searching, you never know what will come available!
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

*hugs*

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I agree. Losing a job sucks.

Quoting Marti123:

I am so sorry. Focus on what you can control, start job searching, you never know what will come available!
BeautyFull
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs.
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry - that really sucks.  I hope you find something that works for you!  Try to stay positive!

MaryanneMac
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs
Lionpride
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I am job searching, worked on resume. It is so crazy after so many years feel like I am in school again. I really appreciate all the support and hugs! I just want to do the right thing and just keep thinking and praying that everything happens for a reason. Thank you everyone, feel not so alone.

loyamom
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness, this is an all too familiar story right now these days.  I am very sorry.  Keep your chin up.  

I don't know if you would ever consider having a side business, but I have been doing my business for over 12 years and the company is always looking for people that may want to earn extra income at home.  Let me know if that is something that you would like me to help you get more information on :)

Marylou

Moms Helping Moms Work at Home! www.homeisgreat.com 

bouncing mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN