Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

For moms who work nights...

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have an interview for a job where I will most likely be working nights. This will be a huge change. I have a six year old in school, but I also have my two year old whoIo will have to find things for him to do while I sleep or try to sleep. Any moms in this situation? Any tips? Thanks!
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

No suggestions, but here's a bump!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Is this full-time? If so, my suggestion would be to find childcare for the 2 year old if at all possible.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I've never been on a night shift, so here's a bump.
flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Overnights or evenings? I agree you'd need child care so you can sleep if it's overnights
cupcakemomcyrus
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Nights and overnights.
charmgirl
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I wish you had gotten a lot more responses because I have the same question. I also wonder how tough the weekends are. When the kids don't have school but we would be used to sleeping during the day.
goodnurse1
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Its tough. I wont lie. The only reason that I feel comfortable enough to attempt to work nights and weekends, is because my husband works from home. If he were not always there for our children, I would work part time, or day shift. I would do your best to keep a schedule, as much as possible. The less change they have in their routine, the more secure they will be. I would also try to get childcare for your two year old, so that you can rest. It also helps to have several days worth of outfits laid out for the children. It makes the next morning less chaotic. It also helps to preplan meals, and either cook several days and freeze, or use a crock pot to cook, so there is less prep time in the evenings, when you are also trying to get ready for work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)